My new attempt at Alternative Trippy Gospel!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all! I've been in conversation with a few of you on here about my musical journey, which has been nice sharing and hearing back from you all. So I decided to add my new addition to the Music Cafe legacy! My new track is a descriptive song about my spiritual experiences thus far approached in a somewhat alternative approach to typical Gospel. Would love to hear thoughts!

https://soundcloud.com/val-verrel/i-wash-prod-by-bixel

Much love, Val-Verrel

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for that great feedback! Glad you like the chorus I'm very proud of it. I definitely understand what you're saying about the mix. We took a different creative approach. I will definitely experiment with my use of reverb more still find that balance.
Many blessings.

I like that again. I'd agree with what Vortifex said to a large extent. There's not too much bass overall, but some of the low end on the other instruments is interfering a bit, so it doesn't sound as tight as it could.

I liked the use of district reverbs/delays on different vocals - nice 'ear candy' stuff. I think that for the ones with the longer decays you could hi-pass the reverb (or perhaps the entire vocal track?) a bit more to differentiate them from the others. If that makes sense... :hihi:

Ahhh okay! Great that you like the track! I'm excited to continue my experiment and learn more! I'm gonna try the hi-pass technique you've recommended...

Lovin' the "dubby" or "deep-tech" atmosphere on this one, and the vocal arrangement works very well, especially with the different reverbs.

Good work :)

Amazingg! Thank you Seismic!

Return to “Music Cafe”