donkeyt - delusional automaton -daft indie

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:53 pm My Feedback

Music - 10
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 10

Comments: You're my hero. How you didn't have a music career is beyond me.
+1

Probably the best piece of music I’ve heard on this forum and it isn’t even my preferred style. Bravo, Mr. Tugger.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I like the suspended sort of harmonies before the instru mental break best.

Bombadil wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:47 pm Sounds good. I'd have put some vocal harmonies in the refrains. Love the glockenspiel!
I did put in some harmonies...but then was f**king so much with guitars and stuff, I forgot to check you could actually hear them! Cheers, I'll revisit it and have a mess.

StudioDave wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:06 pm Great song and performance. Vocal could be more up front in the mix.

The instrumental breaks are fabulous, I loved 'em. Can't go wrong with a glockenspiel.

I heard a little VU in the guitar towards the end, otherwise not a lot of Lou Reed (and I might be the world's biggest fan of "Sister Ray"). But that's okay, we've already got one Lou, and I came here for the donkey tugger anyway. :)
Cheers, I always previricate over the vocal levels, then after about two weeks decide after all that they need to be louder....

Don't know why I decided to do the 'Lou Reed' thing with the vocals. As you say it doesn't sound much like the VU, I think it was the glockenspiel reminded me a bit of 'Sunday Morning' or something. Seemed like a good idea at the time... :hihi:

The Noodlist wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:04 pm Top drawer. :tu:
I heard The Blue Nile on the old wireless, I got a DT kind of vibe. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q5CGLHJ-54
I do like a bit of the Blue Nile.. :love:

jancivil wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:27 am I like the suspended sort of harmonies before the instru mental break best.
I do a lot of that..little finger should always be doing something on the geetar... :hihi:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:23 am
wagtunes wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:53 pm My Feedback

Music - 10
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 10

Comments: You're my hero. How you didn't have a music career is beyond me.
+1

Probably the best piece of music I’ve heard on this forum and it isn’t even my preferred style. Bravo, Mr. Tugger.
Thank you sir, very kind! :o

didnt like the "shaft" bit in the middle, sounded out of place, but the rest was good.

Excellent song! Then you added the glockenspiel and other special touches to the arrangement to kick this up to the next level. Very creative. 8)

My only minor complaint is I think the vocals are lower and less clear than they could be.

Final verdict -- Killer track!

Great track really. Production and arrangement was top notch. Didn't like some vocal parts but not sure what it is exacly. "you wont sleep at all tonight now" is one line that didn't sit well with me. Otherwise coool stuff.

Great job! Mission accomplished, except as jancivil says you sang in tune. ;)
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

StudioDave wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:06 pm Great song and performance. Vocal could be more up front in the mix.
Apart from "tonight now", which is noticeably louder than the rest. Had trouble picking out the odd word here and there, so I'd agree the vox aren't 100% there yet. 95% though of the way.

Nice distorted guitar sound, what's that going through?

Cheers all, I'll have a mess about with vocal levels once more when I set the big speakers up again after the landlord's electrician visit on Friday (got to hide some stuff.... :hihi: )
sjm wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:19 am

Nice distorted guitar sound, what's that going through?
I've sent thee a frootyloops file.. :scared:

Now, back to the folky wankery... :help:

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:32 pmI've sent thee a frootyloops file.. :scared:
Nice. First time I loaded the project (having been too lazy to extract the zip and your solo1.wav file), FL loaded some random take of mine called solo1.wav instead. Let's just say it's not got the makings of a hit.

It sounds a lot better with your take...

I thought the middle8/synth section sounded uncannily like the Isley Brothers, The glock gives this tune Christmas cred a-plenty, the "verse" vox. sounded more like Dylan (not Thomas) than Reed to me, and the harmonised vox. are great. It's a hit.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”