new work: Niveau Quatre, & now Niveau Cinq 1st mvmnt

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

theres a definite hint of ligeti in here, ala space odyssey 8)

this really works in a "higher" state ;)

This sounds twisted in a very good way! Nice work!

thank yous

Sounds great ... more tense than spooky. I like it.

Hi, thanks.

Where the vocalizations come in, reminds me of something from Alan Parson's 'I Robot.' Interesting textures. What are you using for the woodwinds?

Now, I feel like I'm staring at a big black Monolith....

Now, it reminds me of the Ring calling out to the Nazgul....

Nicely done.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

There is the Bansuri flute patch (an extension, I believe, something India) in Equator, and there is a winds element to the Haunted Spaces in this combination. And the bowed chamber bowls is basically a woodwind sort of part.

thanks

vurt wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:56 pm theres a definite hint of ligeti in here, ala space odyssey 8)

this really works in a "higher" state ;)
I bet it does. :D

I am def. using things I've learned recently from Ligeti here.
This is just a sketch, it will be both more clouded and more clear as I sort it.

The Haunted Spaces gets really dense and so there's much to be done sculpting that.

glad it's working. there's some knotty issues before that resolution it ends w.

Greets !

Lovely work, I'll be following its development.

And now you've got me interested in an MPE controller when I can least afford one (we're moving into new digs here).

Outstanding piece, thanks again.

Best,

dp

Yeah it's the Seaboard Block, which was 300 bucks, and I immediately bought the instrument for 79. Which is essential I think.

Oddly, I like the workflow better with Note Expression off in Nuendo. I have been doing a little bit with the pitch bend info, which with Note Expression you have to use the pencil tool for. But the results are so weird, it's pretty much about getting it live. I mean there are notes happening which aren't in the editor at all as notes, if you play legato using glide. And there are mystery notes. I don't mind so much not knowing wtf gwyne on here, that's how a lot of reality is for me. And in these kinds of pieces, I really work in the dark, it's intuition and not thinking. "You can't think and play at the same time." https://www.npr.org/2014/05/03/30904761 ... -same-time
:?: 8)

thanks
this will change probably considerably, there in the middle.

A night-time campfire scene at the edge of an Indian forest. A cobra can be seen entering the camera shot to the left of, and a couple of yards behind our unsuspecting hero.

That kind of vibe.

I love the sound combos and the mix. Looking forward to developments.

Good work :)

Thanx

I made a great muck of things before the ending, and it got significantly worse over days.

Until last night when I erased quite a lot and redid.
And tonight I'm nearing truth on it. The quasi-tonal end is more of a shock than I'd thought to do.
But the Equator patch can go quite mad.

Time to rest the ears, there is some serious dissonance and resonance going on here.

Tons to do mixing, that's just completely a rough mix.

Otherworldly and suspenseful. I'm imagining exploring an abandoned space station where things don't look quite right.

Lots of small developments keep the listener constantly on edge. Deliciously intense. Fantastic work as usual.

Some signals may be going into the red, e.g., at 0:49.

"into the red,..."

Yeah, that's not a great shock.

This seems like a very old file at this point. Much is different. I have a whole contrasting section before the last section, and that's not the same at all either. I like the first couple of transitions quite a lot is why I felt I could post it. Those are still there, pretty much.

thanks

Very different lead-in to the ending, and probably the ending is more pronounced.

I'm pretty pleased with this thing. All that has to happen is finishing touches, percussion and a final mix.

Return to “Music Cafe”