pretty chill

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LINK UPDATED AND SONG RE-UPLOADED (08/31/18)
https://soundcloud.com/hi-fam-its-sam/stinky-house
Last edited by Samuel_S on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 6
Performance - 6
Mix - 7

Overall - 6

Comments: Pad kind of dull. Could use a little EQ on the top. Intro too long. Needs more variance. Then after the (organ?) comes in, expecting some kind of lead or melody after that but then the organ drops out and we go back to that intro again. Two and a half minutes in and the song isn't really going anywhere. The mix isn't terrible but could be better. Performance is okay. Nothing really stands out. It's just kind of there. Maybe somebody can hear something that I'm not but the piece just bores me. 4 minutes in and still nothing. And then 30 seconds of silence? Just doesn't sound like a lot of effort was put into this in any aspect of the production.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:56 pm My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 6
Performance - 6
Mix - 7

Overall - 6

Comments: Pad kind of dull. Could use a little EQ on the top. Intro too long. Needs more variance. Then after the (organ?) comes in, expecting some kind of lead or melody after that but then the organ drops out and we go back to that intro again. Two and a half minutes in and the song isn't really going anywhere. The mix isn't terrible but could be better. Performance is okay. Nothing really stands out. It's just kind of there. Maybe somebody can hear something that I'm not but the piece just bores me. 4 minutes in and still nothing. And then 30 seconds of silence? Just doesn't sound like a lot of effort was put into this in any aspect of the production.
Thanks NPC Wagtunes

:zzz:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

that bass line is too repetitive in my opinion. The song is OK not great. (sorta like my stuff, just OK :D )
Might be worth working on it some more if you are so inclined. Also that organ sound I think you could of picked a better progression, I wasn't feeling those notes at all really.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

layzer wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:01 am:zzz:
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaCNA3pink

ATS wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:14 am that bass line is too repetitive in my opinion. The song is OK not great. (sorta like my stuff, just OK :D )
Might be worth working on it some more if you are so inclined. Also that organ sound I think you could of picked a better progression, I wasn't feeling those notes at all really.
It was actually supposed to be a string sound (chorused alot) like you would usually hear in most 90s house tracks. Like I didnt know this song sucked THAT bad but yeah I guess it's OK.

yeah I know it's bad and it sucks. Is it saveable?

Samuel_S wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:14 pm
Anything is savable if you put the time and effort into it.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:41 pm
I mean I did put effort into it. I created a cool deep lo-fi pad from the PG-8X, made the strings shimmer into an almost organ-like sound, searched through countless VSTs for the perfect bassline. Only thing is how it's all put together is what you're concentrated on.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:41 pm
I dont mind you doing the arranging and me coming up with the sounds, since you did say I'm more atmospheric then actual arranging.

To me it sound familiar but lacking in interest. Maybe you need to take some chances.

fastlanephil wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:59 am To me it sound familiar but lacking in interest. Maybe you need to take some chances.
how does it sound familiar?

Samuel_S wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:05 pm
fastlanephil wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:59 am To me it sound familiar but lacking in interest. Maybe you need to take some chances.
how does it sound familiar?
He means it sounds generic. Like canned music. Just not very interesting canned music.

TBF, the sounds aren't too bad at all. It also has a bit of an Omar S vibe, which I like.
The problem Samuel is that it sounds far too much like a lot of the deep tracks that we (and undoubtedly you) have heard over the past 25-ish years, hence it is failing to grab us.

ps, I'd say it was more dope/deep than chill, due to its tempo and beat selection.

Return to “Music Cafe”