No One Told Me

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks for that

Ok, it's time I guess to come clean. There is no guitar. This is all MIDI, the guitar part is to SonicCouture XBow Guitar. I think it's a picked guitar, I chose something with a cool name and the interface does not have any bowed or E-Bow anything. It's bridge vs neck pickup, ring time, and stuff like this and then the FX pages.

Kind of ironically the edge of chaos effect of has involved enormous control. Incl the amp automation it's 70-some parameters. It really has been at the very edge of controllability, but not in a live type of feeding back situation at all.

The amp model is Kuassa's new one "Kaliburn" Caliburn with their Efektron Wah Filter, and then the resultant instrument channel in VE Pro is sent to Softube Metal Room. Which is extreme on purpose. And it is a bit sensitive to climatic changes. But the FX are all in Kontakt; the flanger, the rotator, the tape sat, bit crusher etc.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

experimental.crow wrote:.... this could use some terry bozzio ...
While you're at it, you may as well give Patrick a call :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fctAdJ5ob50

Good work :)

I accidentally kicked my volume control before hitting play on this, and the initial blast came through as the loudest, most frightening sound I've heard in quite some time. I nearly shat myself.

Great stuff anyway. Plays as if Lou Reed's claims of encoding complex melodic and structural detail in Metal Machine Music were true after all.

:-o

thanks for that

I'm still working on this part. Kind of procrastinating on the drums. filling in the root of some of the changes, and so forth - bass - is normalizing this some but the tone if anything is more brutal.
I had this ending which sounds like the amp's life is now over, which wasn't in this render but it consistently is now.

Ok, this arrangement and compo is done.

I know I'm going to mix this a million more times but this is what I have today.
May bring the drums up a bit more in spots; the stupid finale has some clashes to contend with.

deleted/see below

Rock band size, guitar, piano, bass, drums but with reinforcement in orchestral percussion. The slightly gnarly Electric Cello (not their LABS Amplified Cello Ensemble) doubles a few of the lines.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

enjoying where this is going ...
as i'm sure you're aware , you're going to need to mess w/ the drums
during your remixing ...

Big difference between the way these drums sound in and of themselves, or soloed, and in this mix. As usual.

I can make this in Fruity Slayer in 2 mins... but also good.
Aspiring HipHop Producer: https://soundcloud.com/djlfd

:wheee:
Last edited by experimental.crow on Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

/bites tongue.

:lol:

free bump

See below
(mp3 320mbps)

this is a hard mix
the drums need to be large but not take over. I was erring majorly in the direction of 'small', that much is clear.
I need to make some cuts in the lead track, I suppose, which I hate to do. EDIT: nah.
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm sure the latest link was working a couple of hours ago, but it's taking me back to the top of this page now :wheee:

:wheee:
Last edited by experimental.crow on Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alrighty then.

I been deleting these to avoid confusion and special file names at the dropbox.
It took a minute to reup because I was trying to do too many things at once, I was getting beach ball o' doom.

#5. I have to take a lot of time off these to have any perspective. Here I think the drums mix am nearing truth.

Return to “Music Cafe”