No One Told Me

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT = arranged full track:
No One Told Me
originally known as "Who Knows".

pretty much just a guitar solo. There's some e. piano providing a little bit of anchor. Works, though some of it is so, just perfunctory. I think there is a wrong note in there but I may end up still liking it.
comment after completion: I fixed that, although the wrong note was in the lead guitar.

Absynth pad that isn't too prominent. Weird, weird shit that I haven't developed and mixing this needs attention and probably subtracting some more although its too low in the mix ultimately.
comment after completion: didn't bother. The weird thing is there is a lot going on here but it's totally subliminal I mixed it so low.

a bit crude. I did pay a lot of attention to the sound of this lead. I will orchestrate a slightly refined cut of this starting tomorrow but somebody may get a kick out of it as is. I do.

comment after completion: I spent 30 days on the stupid thing.
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:00 am, edited 9 times in total.

i already told you "cats know!"

will listen later on studio set up 8)
(although im sure we where promised country :hihi: )

but this is Western

we can do both kinds of music

:hihi:

this on the other hand is acid soaked psychedelia :band:
some highs yes, but nothing overly harsh, some lovely feedback in fact :love:
ok some of the notes towards the end do get to higher registers, but it never got painful here 8)

look forward to where this leads if this is the basis :o

I think it's just you and I who can stand this kind of business.

There's going to be a LOT of drums here. Fender bass.
I may actually double some of the lines with some orchestra, but donno if it will work. Do a little more with the piano and work with its tone.

this kind of thing makes me think of the one thing Alden Jenks said to me: "Lot of energy here. Now subtract from it."

thanks

jancivil wrote:
this kind of thing makes me think of the one thing Alden Jenks said to me: "Lot of energy here. Now subtract from it."

thanks
hell yeah theres energy!
don't subtract too much though, theres a definite live acid jam feel to it at the minute, would be a shame to lose that vibe completely (imo of course )

vurt wrote:Acid jam
Better on toast than Nutella!

vurt wrote:
jancivil wrote:

thanks
hell yeah theres energy!
don't subtract too much though, theres a definite live acid jam feel to it at the minute, would be a shame to lose that vibe completely (imo of course )
That's exactly the balance. No, in fact this is mostly post-subtraction as far as the lead goes. I may filter a little bit of it at the end.

it's quite sloppy but it is what it is, one can tighten the timing of a thing and lose the spontaneity altogether. I'm not going there. The way to make this better is with its eventual surroundings.

listened before i read through the thread , and said to myself ;
" self , this could use some terry bozzio " , so i'm glad to hear you've got
some drums planned ...

looking forward to you fleshing this out ...
loved the feedback ...

:D

yeah, it's like that. some Bozzio Frenzy

funny thing about the 'feedback', it isn't. It's a combination of FX producing quite some resonance characteristics but really brought out by the range of this wah filter, Efektron WF3607 by Kuassa. It may still be 19 bucks! :love:

Hendrix at Woodstock on the brown acid. :o
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

that bad, eh

:D

Fabulous sounds!
Will sound great with drums and bass...
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

thank you

the next bit will be backbreaking work

For me this was seriously interesting stuff...I look forward to the next installment! :0)

Return to “Music Cafe”