The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Berlin Is Burning is fine. Didn't like the start but it caught my attention at the 0:50 mark.
Have listen to all 200+ songs and am amazed at the quality. Statistically there should be at least two really shitty songs. But there are not.
My favorite is "Bring On The Klingon" on page 2. I really love that song.
One reason could be that the synthetic voice handles the words very clearly. Other songs have passages where you struggle to hear the words.
It's a pity that people react negative to synthetic voices. Bring On The Klingon should be at the Billboard top 100.
Have a nice day.

Opening track from my upcoming CD "The Wyzyrd Of Trance"

Over The Rainbow

Over the rainbow
Over the rainbow
Over the rainbow
With you

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ead-master

I quite enjoyed this, especially from 2:50 onwards. I liked the alternate melodic twist to the Rainbow. It sounded like some early IM.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:25 am I quite enjoyed this, especially from 2:50 onwards. I liked the alternate melodic twist to the Rainbow. It sounded like some early IM.

Good work :)
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Much appreciated.

Track 3 of my Trance project. No vocals on this one. Just instrumental.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... oad-master

Over The Rainbow

wow. creepy vocals
but the kick had plenty of punch and the melodies entertained :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

wagtunes wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:34 am Track 3 of my Trance project. No vocals on this one. Just instrumental.

I made it a little past the half way mark I think. The first half sounds like 2 long intros to me. Also the second part when the kick comes in is too bare in my opinion. I honestly think this track needs a lot of work. I do like the world feel and instruments a lot so I hope you keep that up.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:12 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:34 am Track 3 of my Trance project. No vocals on this one. Just instrumental.

I made it a little past the half way mark I think. The first half sounds like 2 long intros to me. Also the second part when the kick comes in is too bare in my opinion. I honestly think this track needs a lot of work. I do like the world feel and instruments a lot so I hope you keep that up.
The track is finished. I'm done trying to make people here happy since it's not happening. I'm doing what I like. It's what I should have been doing all along.

But thanks for the listen.

I think it matters most if we are happy with our own work or not. ^
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

wagtunes wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:14 am

The track is finished. I'm done trying to make people here happy since it's not happening. I'm doing what I like. It's what I should have been doing all along.

Do your thing man, but, if you want to make "trance", then take a minute and replace your drums with a trance pattern loop and see how it changes the flavor of your track. Just do it as a personal experiment, no need to share.

Take this in the nicest way possible, that's how it's intended, you haven't figured out the trance groove and all of the trance cliches ladled on top won't convince people otherwise.

Just trying your hand at recreating some trance loops will teach you a lot.

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:55 am

Do your thing man, but, if you want to make "trance", then take a minute and replace your drums with a trance pattern loop and see how it changes the flavor of your track. Just do it as a personal experiment, no need to share.

Take this in the nicest way possible, that's how it's intended, you haven't figured out the trance groove and all of the trance cliches ladled on top won't convince people otherwise.

To show that I'm not completely stubborn, I looked up "Free Trance Pattern Loops" and found a site that had about 250 of them. Problem is, they're all wav files and already processed and would not sound good in my track regardless of the beat. In addition to that, the tempos are set as well. I need a MIDI file that I can plug into a Battery 4 kit and just let it run. Then at least I can process each sound individually.

What I am finding is of no help.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:24 pm

To show that I'm not completely stubborn, I looked up "Free Trance Pattern Loops" and found a site that had about 250 of them. Problem is, they're all wav files and already processed and would not sound good in my track regardless of the beat. In addition to that, the tempos are set as well. I need a MIDI file that I can plug into a Battery 4 kit and just let it run. Then at least I can process each sound individually.

They don't have to sound like a finished track, I'm not talking about you redistributing anything, I'm suggesting that you use it as a way to try and understand how a trance groove will help to transform what you have.

I don't buy that you can't find something that fits. Almost any well produced straightforward trance loop will change up what you have there. IIRC you're on a PC, but, if you have a mac anywhere, install Garage Band, then tell it to download all of the loops. You will have gigabytes of remix loops that you can just try to fit in.

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:06 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:24 pm

They don't have to sound like a finished track, I'm not talking about you redistributing anything, I'm suggesting that you use it as a way to try and understand how a trance groove will help to transform what you have.

I don't buy that you can't find something that fits. Almost any well produced straightforward trance loop will change up what you have there. IIRC you're on a PC, but, if you have a mac anywhere, install Garage Band, then tell it to download all of the loops. You will have gigabytes of remix loops that you can just try to fit in.
Okay, here's what I did. I'm not on MAC so I can't download Garage Band. I went and listened to a whole ton of trance drum loops just to get an idea of what you're talking about. I then made mental notes on each one as to what was going on in them. Now naturally, I have no idea about the "quality" of the composition of these loops because I wouldn't know a good one from a bad one. So I can only go by what I'm finding and hope what I'm finding is considered good.

Anyway, some of these are quite simple. Maybe just a kick and hi hat with the hi hat doing some kind of funky pattern. Some were way more complex, featuring kick, snare, hi hat and various percussion. Some loops appeared to have as many as 6 or 7 things going on in them at one time.

I then pulled up Battery 4 and loaded one of the electronic drum kits and proceeded to construct my own "loop" based on the great variety of things that I heard. I tried to be creative enough so that it doesn't sound like the same old same old. In that much I have no doubt I succeeded. Is it a Trance loop? I have no idea. Other than the 4x4 kick, everything else is off beats and intricate and there are about 6 or 7 things going on. I think it sounds great. If nothing else, it sounds like nothing else I've ever done because I've never constructed a drum beat like this before.

So when the track is completed, we'll see. It either will be or it won't be. But I'm not going to worry about it. As I said earlier, I'm done trying to make people happy. It's an impossible task. Somebody will have something to complain about something. You picked on the beat. Somebody else will pick on the bass. Another person on the lead. Another on the amount of reverb. It's a no win situation and I'm tired of playing the "Maybe I can make something that people will like" game. It's pointless. I'm going to finally just make music to make ME happy.

Next track from my upcoming CD "The Wyzyrd Of Trance"

The Scarecrow

Poor Little Scarecrow
Poor Little Scarecrow
Poor Little Scarecrow
Hasn't got a brain

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... d-mastered

" The Wyzyrd of Trance " is not the Baum-diggity ...

Return to “Music Cafe”