The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

*no place like home*

I LIKED IT :) what shined, was the composition was well arranged. not bad, wags... not bad!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:20 pm *no place like home*

I LIKED IT :) what shined, was the composition was well arranged. not bad, wags... not bad!
Thanks Layzer. Coming from you that's quite a compliment.

sometimes I think it's nice to get beat up because we can learn more that way. It's not nice at the time of course but if it makes us better it was worth it. Mix sounds well balance and didn't seem nearly as long as it really was because you kept it interesting throughout. I wish more people would keep it interesting like that when they make long electronic songs. If it was me I would of turned up the vocals more but that's a creative decision of course. Well done Wags and good on you for caring about the project enough to keep going with it and trying stuff out of your comfort zone.

Oh an most of use make songs that only a few people will listen to and even fewer will care about. But it's fun and makes us feel good.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:35 pm sometimes I think it's nice to get beat up because we can learn more that way. It's not nice at the time of course but if it makes us better it was worth it. Mix sounds well balance and didn't seem nearly as long as it really was because you kept it interesting throughout. I wish more people would keep it interesting like that when they make long electronic songs. If it was me I would of turned up the vocals more but that's a creative decision of course. Well done Wags and good on you for caring about the project enough to keep going with it and trying stuff out of your comfort zone.

Oh an most of use make songs that only a few people will listen to and even fewer will care about. But it's fun and makes us feel good.
I actually did have the vocals about a 1 db louder but decided to turn them down. I didn't want to detract too much from the main thing which was the music. Maybe I'll mix a "made for radio" version at some point.

Yeah, it was hard work but worth it.

I posted this a long time ago but am posting it again for personal reasons. It's just a piano piece I wrote a long time ago that's supposed to sound like a music box playing.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/the-music-box

^This is very Jolly Wags. Lovely energy, I can just imagine the toffs poncing off to Barnsley. ;)
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:50 am ^This is very Jolly Wags. Lovely energy, I can just imagine the toffs poncing off to Barnsley. ;)
Well done!
Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't know what a toff or poncing is. LOL.

digging the new look , steven ...

experimental.crow wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:17 am digging the new look , steven ...

wagtunes wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:42 am
Allomerus wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:50 am ^This is very Jolly Wags. Lovely energy, I can just imagine the toffs poncing off to Barnsley. ;)
Well done!
Think rich English types prancing about... In a very elegant way. :scared:
Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:48 am
wagtunes wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:42 am
Well done!
Think rich English types prancing about... In a very elegant way. :scared:
I don't think they'd last very long in Barnsley... :o

^It's a quote from Monty Python...
Bandcamp

wagtunes wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:50 pm Another one from "80s Squared"

First time I ever did anything like this.

Just The Three Of Us

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... 0s-squared
Awesome! No really, that's a fun remix/rework. I don't really like the robotic vocals either, but, in this they're at least a nice counterpoint to the Lobo track.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I pretty much know all of the lyrics from almost all of the songs on "Of a Simple Man" and "Introducing Lobo." I think that this is just a side effect of my interests as a kid and the way that adults perceived that music. I was very much into electronics, sound, and having my own "stereo" and I would take pretty much any record that anyone would give me. So, I inherited both of those records, along with "Jonathon Livingston Seagull", some other Neil Diamond records and some things like Johnny Cash and Connie Smith.

These were things that adults at the time either considered passe or, like Lobo, were never actually cool but just came in and out of popular music. The thing is, they were in great shape, probably because they were never played again after the hip adults laughed the first time my mom's uncool friends tried to play them at a party, but, to my young and largely non-judgmental ears that was worth a lot. No skips and jumps, no scratchy sound. So I played them to death, and, of course, the lyrics were imprinted on my young and effective memory. What can I say, I was WAY into sound as a kid. I drooled over far too many DIY amplifier and speaker project articles in those days LOL!

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:13 am
wagtunes wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:50 pm Another one from "80s Squared"

First time I ever did anything like this.

Just The Three Of Us

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... 0s-squared
Awesome! No really, that's a fun remix/rework. I don't really like the robotic vocals either, but, in this they're at least a nice counterpoint to the Lobo track.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I pretty much know all of the lyrics from almost all of the songs on "Of a Simple Man" and "Introducing Lobo." I think that this is just a side effect of my interests as a kid and the way that adults perceived that music. I was very much into electronics, sound, and having my own "stereo" and I would take pretty much any record that anyone would give me. So, I inherited both of those records, along with "Jonathon Livingston Seagull", some other Neil Diamond records and some things like Johnny Cash and Connie Smith.

These were things that adults at the time either considered passe or, like Lobo, were never actually cool but just came in and out of popular music. The thing is, they were in great shape, probably because they were never played again after the hip adults laughed the first time my mom's uncool friends tried to play them at a party, but, to my young and largely non-judgmental ears that was worth a lot. No skips and jumps, no scratchy sound. So I played them to death, and, of course, the lyrics were imprinted on my young and effective memory. What can I say, I was WAY into sound as a kid. I drooled over far too many DIY amplifier and speaker project articles in those days LOL!
So I guess we're about the same age. Yeah, it was a simpler time. I didn't worry about people judging me for the kind of music I listened to. So Lobo, Carpenters, John Denver, didn't matter. Music was music and it was all cool to me.

Anyway, glad you liked the rework. Always wanted to do something like this.

Another one from "Divas"

Berlin Is Burning

Berlin is burning
Berlin is burning
And heads are turning
But we're not learning

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... sets/divas

Return to “Music Cafe”