The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had a listen to one of your latest tracks: sitting on the couch and nursing a beer...nice sound, good mastering. Well played also. Nice work!

htcnext2 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:20 pm I had a listen to one of your latest tracks: sitting on the couch and nursing a beer...nice sound, good mastering. Well played also. Nice work!
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Much appreciated.

wagtunes,
Thank you for the reviews! Now I'm reviewing "Thank You For All That You've Done". I like the lyrics: fitting for Thanksgiving. These are some of your better vocals singing wise overall, so that is a plus. Vocal melodies are pretty good. I wasn't wild about the intro lead guitar, but then I liked all of the other lead guitar parts quite a bit. Not sure why the intro lead guitar was that much different for me relative to the other lead guitar; the notes seemed quite similar elsewhere. Perhaps volume had something to do with it, or maybe tuning or pitch-bending, or all of the above? My favorite part of the song was the piano melodies and piano tone: very good! Audio quality overall was rather good. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:16 am wagtunes,
Thank you for the reviews! Now I'm reviewing "Thank You For All That You've Done". I like the lyrics: fitting for Thanksgiving. These are some of your better vocals singing wise overall, so that is a plus. Vocal melodies are pretty good. I wasn't wild about the intro lead guitar, but then I liked all of the other lead guitar parts quite a bit. Not sure why the intro lead guitar was that much different for me relative to the other lead guitar; the notes seemed quite similar elsewhere. Perhaps volume had something to do with it, or maybe tuning or pitch-bending, or all of the above? My favorite part of the song was the piano melodies and piano tone: very good! Audio quality overall was rather good. :)
Thanks for the listen and the feedback Aaron. Yeah, the lead guitar on the intro gave me a lot of problems. I wasn't sure how to start it and went through a number of variations before deciding on the one I chose. The rest of the song, for whatever reason, was much easier. Go figure.

wagtunes,
Not sure how often you re-do anything, or just move on to the next song, but I have a possible suggestion. I wonder if you copied and pasted some of the later lead guitar into the intro spot. Just a thought.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:13 am wagtunes,
Not sure how often you re-do anything, or just move on to the next song, but I have a possible suggestion. I wonder if you copied and pasted some of the later lead guitar into the intro spot. Just a thought.
Due to the short length of the intro, may not be that easy but I can play around with it.

15th track from my upcoming CD "Chroma"

This one derived from the Rifleman theme.

Went for a kind of dreamy, laid back feel on this one.

My Rifle And Me

My rifle and me
Sittin' under a tree
We're content as can be
My rifle and me

We don't shoot so much
Still I love to feel her touch
She treats me oh so good
Think I'll go and chop some wood

My rifle and me
Livin' to be free
Far as you can see
My rifle and me

We don't make a fuss
When the days they get too rough
She keeps me company
My rifle and me

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/my-rifle-and-me

[Delete]
Last edited by ijiwaru on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ijiwaru wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:51 am Very nice, almost Dylan-esque. Would be better with a stronger concluding verse, perhaps something like:

My rifle and me
Shoot up schools with glee
Even shooting babies
My rifle and me

We don't mean to offend
We're making things Great Again
In the Land of the Free
My rifle and me
Thanks for the listen and the feedback but yeah, I don't think I approve of the above lyrics. No offense.

[Delete]
Last edited by ijiwaru on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can definitely hear the ambience in this track ("My Rifle And Me"), which is an improvement in my opinion.
I also think the vocals stand out now much better than in your previous track.

Also the stereo field feels improved compared to your last track! The track breathes now spatially.

I love the sound of the acoustic guitar in the beginning (as well as in the rest of the track) - sounds great!! Would still experiment to pan the acoustic guitar just a little to the left and the harmonica a bit to the right. But that's just a matter of taste / personal preference.

The lyrics are very interesting, they make you think... I like them!

I think the bass is just a little to loud in at around 1:18. But this is just personal preference.

Maybe also the bassy drum that comes at 0:54 is a little loud, or maybe it's not loudness but it may clash a little with the frequencies of the other instruments. But this is subtle and subjective stuff. I'd leave more of the bass and cut a little the mids of the drum. Or I'm not really sure, perhaps there could be a little too much reverb on that drum.

Overall, I enjoy your mix and the melody! The composition and song writing is nice.

Cheers!
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

ijiwaru wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:58 am I guess I'd just like to see more explicit criticism of the NRA and gun control issues in song form. The song itself has a wonderful atmosphere with a great vocal but it just needs a little something to push it over the edge into classic Dylan-esque protest song. Music used to be very political and often had strong left-wing and anti-establishment messages and we need that kind of energy back, now more than ever.
So open up your DAW and do it then :shrug:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:40 pm
ijiwaru wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:58 am I guess I'd just like to see more explicit criticism of the NRA and gun control issues in song form. The song itself has a wonderful atmosphere with a great vocal but it just needs a little something to push it over the edge into classic Dylan-esque protest song. Music used to be very political and often had strong left-wing and anti-establishment messages and we need that kind of energy back, now more than ever.
damn! that's what i should have said when you complained about the lack of protest music :x :dog:

vurt wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:44 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:40 pm
damn! that's what i should have said when you complained about the lack of protest music :x :dog:
Boom! Touché.

The difference is I don’t have children and won’t, so I’m not too fussed about that future of the world. Obviously I want to see it live on and prosper etc. but I don’t have a vested interest enough to protest.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

party on then :party:

Return to “Music Cafe”