The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

MasterTuner wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:07 pm The most intriguing part of your songs is how you end them. They are very well ended, and often a different vibe or chord progression that often you might find in a bridge.
"dance floor everyday" and "dirt cowboy stand in my way" lines would have liked to see them fit better timing-wise.
Your songs are certainly unique and interesting. I don't find myself skipping a few bars here and there like I do with other people generally because I know whats coming next.
Better timing? Better had I not written this train wreck in the first place. :lol:

I was almost embarrassed to post this but I figured my detractors needed something to rag on me about. :lol:

Anyway, glad you found something redeeming here. Thanks for the listen and the feedback.

you finished the police album thing yet?
i want to listen to the whole thing in one rather than in n out.

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:18 pm you finished the police album thing yet?
Still 6 more songs to record. Will be finished sometime late July or early August.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:03 pm 9th track from my upcoming CD "Still Out Of Sync"

Stained Glass Window

Looking through the stained glass window
Staring back at me
Nothing there to see

I exist in my mind and shadows
Searching for the light
Longing so for the day to find me
All I see is the night

Repeat Chorus

Creatures come to inspect my being
Their confusion grows
An enigma is all that they find
A void that no one knows

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

Fade Out

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ass-window
I enjoyed this one - I’ve no idea why, but it somehow reminds me of Bowie, Berlin era....could be the electronic element, or the vocal cadence...

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:41 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:18 pm you finished the police album thing yet?
Still 6 more songs to record. Will be finished sometime late July or early August.
:tu:

frank1985 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:43 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:03 pm 9th track from my upcoming CD "Still Out Of Sync"

Stained Glass Window

Staring back at me
Nothing there to see

I exist in my mind and shadows
Searching for the light
Longing so for the day to find me
All I see is the night

Repeat Chorus

Creatures come to inspect my being
Their confusion grows
An enigma is all that they find
A void that no one knows

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

Fade Out

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ass-window
I enjoyed this one - I’ve no idea why, but it somehow reminds me of Bowie, Berlin era....could be the electronic element, or the vocal cadence...
Thanks for the listen and feedback Frank. Appreciate it.

11th track from my upcoming CD "Still Out Of Sync"

Had a lot of fun doing this song making fun of, and using, autotune on my own vocals for the first time ever. Now I know what I'd sound like as a Vocaloid. :lol:

Hope you enjoy the silliness.

Lyrics:

(Don't Wanna Be) Another Autotune

You wind me up and you watch me go
You want my love and you won't say no
You treat me like I'm a robot man
I try to do just the best I can

But it's never enough
Cause I just don't have the right stuff

And I don't wanna be another auto tune
I don't wanna jump through all your hoops
You know you're gonna kill me real soon
I don't wanna be your auto tune

You boss me round like a working slave
All the years and the tears I gave
You snap your fingers and make me come
I hear your voice and to you I run

Repeat Pre Chorus and Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Pre Chorus and Chorus

Another Autotune
Another Autotune
Another Autotune
Another Autotune

Fade Out

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -bg-vocals

autotune:
that's a pretty quirky tune, has an elo feel about it to me.
although the guitar and intro parts could be the residents, which pop up a lot in your stuff really 8)

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:31 pm autotune:
although the guitar and intro parts could be the residents, which pop up a lot in your stuff really 8)
Interesting, as I'm not even that familiar with their music. Guess I'll have to check 'em out.

(Don't Wanna Be) Another Autotune - really enjoyed this, loving the vocals in the chorus :tu:
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

beanpole wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:22 pm (Don't Wanna Be) Another Autotune - really enjoyed this, loving the vocals in the chorus :tu:
Thanks for the listen and the feedback beanie. Most people seem to like this strange little tune for some reason.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:37 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:31 pm autotune:
Interesting, as I'm not even that familiar with their music. Guess I'll have to check 'em out.
it's that sort of quirky/sinister thing you have going on. 8)

Trying "Stained Glass Window": I'm thinking more Johnny Warman (Screaming Jets era) myself than Bowie, but I bet Warman liked Low etc. There could also be shades of similar vintage Bill Nelson with that sweet oddness.

I dipped into "Autotune", and what I assume to be what Vurt called the "police" material too.

Your songwriting is definitely solid. Have you looked into some sort of partnership, a sort of Taupin/John or Webb/Campbell sort of thing? I think that with the right partner/s you could definitely carve out a fanbase for yourself. The core is definitely there, just needs that extra layer of unexpected magic.

Listening to your Falcon sounds. Some of these could definitely pass as 80s hardware - off a Landscape record even. I am so tempted by Falcon as I love the one-synth-to-rule-em-all approach. I quite liked kHs Phase Plant (made a couple of vids) but CPU gets nasty when you get layered up and it is not as complete as I would hope for. I'd definitely try Falcon if there was a demo. But it would take a lot to lever me from Europa, Thor & Subtractor in Reason as I know them so well now.

:-)

@wagtunes
The sounds you made on Synth1 also aren’t that bad either from your demos. They could pass as a Nord Lead or JP-8000 easily.
I think the Autotune song is really quirky and funny, it reminds me of Thomas Dolby a lot. The crash cymbal during the guitar solo (is it a crash cymbal) is really loud and kind of overpowering the mix.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

@1:34 whats the high freq fuzz there? Its lasts until 2:11.
Some really nice 70s style chord progressions, very interesting. Lots of great contrast. I love the arrangement. This is one of your really good ones, apart from the hf fuzz.

Return to “Music Cafe”