Alive In Chernobyl - Bee Stings

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Karbon L. Forms wrote:Yip indeedy!

Fine stuff!

Do you like the Pixies? That is a fine guitar sound!
I do. I never have listened to them in anytime soon. It has been many years :)

Thank you for the kind words my friends!

The drums at the end take me much sweat to get right! It is very easy to play fast. It is very hard to play fast, in time and even.
Soon to release my new album! Alive in Chernobyl - "Dead Inside"

timewastin wrote:My objective mind says:
The song is well done. I can hardly imagine one man playing all instruments except the vocals (no "instrument"). Considering that, I really like this song.

My subjective mind says:
Sorry, but i don't really like rock music, so i get a bit annoyed of the e-guitar (pleease, don't take it personal). I like the part from 0:50-1:10 and 2:20-3:10 because of the nice synthesizer sound. Did you make it using your K-station? Also the drum fill at 3:10 is cool :)
At this point, i would like to warn everyone of hearing too much jungle, house and other pattern-based music. :D I hear jungle (and funk which is also pattern-based in some way) almost exclusively and everytime a band plays a pattern three (or five) times and then a new one, i get totally out of groove. That's because I always expect a change after 4,8 or 16.
And so i got out of groove several times, but that's really my fault. :)
Nice song overall, but not my taste.
Yes this is k-station. All FX on guitar and snare are K-station. I love my K-Station! The best ever if you learn it very well.

I think this to myself many times to change on 4. Too many songs make this change, and I want to flow. I focus on making flow without the groove. It is a challenge I enjoyed making this song :)

I don't really know SawStudio. But if you use a tape multitrack or something comparable you won't use 4-step patterns (or however they're called) automatically. I use energyXT WITH the sequencer and while i produce something i tend to use strict patterns because of the optical appearance in the sequencer.

timewastin wrote:I don't really know SawStudio. But if you use a tape multitrack or something comparable you won't use 4-step patterns (or however they're called) automatically. I use energyXT WITH the sequencer and while i produce something i tend to use strict patterns because of the optical appearance in the sequencer.
You can change this.

Make the time signature 6/8 or anything new to you. :) Then make division to 64 or 128!

This make the look less to make you do in 4. This also let you place notes in more natural timing. More work with better ending music :)

Nice song, great playing!

To my taste the bass perhaps could be a bit louder in the mix.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

good tune, good playing!
:D
I do agree with sascha, that the bass could be brought up some more.

I mention also that this is all 16 bit and 44,100khz. All files recorded at that level. :)

:shock:

Wow! Now that surprised me in a great way. I personally think the mix/balance could have been a bit better, but this allready sounds quite good. Superdrums except that snare which I felt a tad too loud.

Demi :!:

sapperlotheidefitzka bimbam!

another good surprise in the music cafe .. really good song, and you guys know how to do it. (more bass please though).

thanks for the listening-pleassure .. :)

putte

I'm not into mastering and that stuff but you could improve the amount of expression by playing a solo (either guitar or synth if you're good) on it.
But since it's a rock song, i'd prefer guitar.
Additionally the demands on guitar solos aren't that high :P
I would insert the solo at about 2:00 before the riff variation. After the solo the breakdown and then crescendo to the end.
Just a suggestion...

blimey this is rather good old chap!

loved the drums at the end good work fella

jim

Great Song!

...(one simply had to download something that originated from that "LAB" ) :)

Great drums and guitars... too many "git-riff-parts" for my taste, (but Madvikins" is tryin`to headbang to it,dispite his lack of hair...:)
-Lovely vocals; you should work more in this constellation!
-We will download again,Alive.
Madvikins liked it too...

hugs/Hwagang
http://www.hwagang.com "Jag sjunger som JAG vill" (KSMB)

Thank you :)

This has made you seriously sweating at work, you've not been fooling us !

wonderfull job !

Yeah, cool tune in all respects, NICE guitar sound, great playing all round, but Im another thats says the bass needs to be louder in the mix. It adds more variety to the tune which cant really be heard. Maybe another layer of guitar doing something else in some places to add some more variety.

very 8)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Music Cafe”