Article 9 on the radio! Now with sound excerpts!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ach - gross! :scared:

Didn't realise you'd kept it!
Give it back to pHz this instant!! :shock:

I didn't keep it - I just took a picture - honest!! :roll:

And now you can hear it. :D This clip is encoded at 96Kbps for quickness of download, so it's not great quality, but it did come from an original CD dropped round here a short while ago by Mr Producer Man. :) I've got the whole programme on CD, but I've just edited the first and last sections which is where the Article 9 tune is, just so you can hear how it sounded if you want to. 8)
The now notorious name-foul-up isn't here as that was done live in the studio after the prerecorded documentary was played.
It wasn't meant to go out until July anyway, when it'll be part of a bigger feature with phone-ins and stuff.
But they had to think of something quick cos a presenter let them down, so they decided to whack this on cos they couldn't find anybody else at such short notice and so early in the day. (Should've asked me... :lol: )

Beyond Gangchester - Article 9's radio documentary debut :D (4.47mb)

have to say fellas ... wrong names notwithstanding ... but that stuff works real well as a bed for those (pretty moving) accounts by the women relatives of gun victims ...

... lets hope its the 1st of many such 'commissions'

(regardless of what kirk says about not letting use his music any more)

oh - and - i REALLY dont want it back BK !!!

slainte :D rob

vurt wrote:ok then for the pedants
last piece of music i was involved with that the f**kers get.
they can shove it in future
community fuckin radio bunch of fuckin amatures
cant get a simple thing like a name right
fucknuts!
try not to let it bother you too much kirks
I'm sure there will be other moments of glory much better than an intro for a docu on gang violence

congrats though
and happy weekend

:D

8)

:wink:

I WAS ONLY JOKING FOR LARDS SAKE!!! :P
altho i may hold out for less amature producerss in future :P

Listened to the MP3, your music has been used well I would say.
More than I can say about some of those women's naive comments.

blue

bluelife wrote:Listened to the MP3, your music has been used well I would say.
More than I can say about some of those women's naive comments.

blue
:-o
Please explain what you mean by naive comments - these people have had members of their families shot!!!
I can't believe you said that! :o
How would YOU feel if you're child was left dieing in the street?
I sure know I'd be upset.

Sorry, but I really can't understand your seemingly heartless comment. :(

vurt wrote:I WAS ONLY JOKING FOR LARDS SAKE!!! :P
And as for YOU - you'd best just fuckin behave yourself now - the shit you made me cause yesterday - shouting at and falling out with people.
And you knew I was doing it as well.
And you let me spend all day doing it, then at the end of the day when things were levelling off, made out you were joking.
The tones of your posts gave no clue you were joking and, from my point of view, you had a valid point.

But the point here is, you LET me do all that falling out with people on your behalf, THEN tried to backtrack, leaving me looking like a prat.

Not happy with you at all. :x

Sorry if that upset you.
I do realise what this is about and do think what happened is very sad.
The comment I refer to is that made by the second woman:
4:30: "...every person has to take the responsibility to see a young man as their son...everyone we come in contact with, we should influence..."

This I find naive. Society does not work like this, and never will.

My opnion.

blue

bluelife wrote:This I find naive. Society does not work like this, and never will.
My opnion.
blue
are saying it SHOULDNT though ???

the quote is HOPING for a change in society - not saying its already happened ...

slainte :) rob

Glassback wrote:
vurt wrote:I WAS ONLY JOKING FOR LARDS SAKE!!! :P
And as for YOU - you'd best just fuckin behave yourself now - the shit you made me cause yesterday - shouting at and falling out with people.
And you knew I was doing it as well.
And you let me spend all day doing it, then at the end of the day when things were levelling off, made out you were joking.
The tones of your posts gave no clue you were joking and, from my point of view, you had a valid point.

But the point here is, you LET me do all that falling out with people on your behalf, THEN tried to backtrack, leaving me looking like a prat.

Not happy with you at all. :x

someone needs a sense of humour :P
and please dont speak to me as if im a child i actually thought you knew i was joking at first i thought you knew me well enough,its not my fault,plenty of other people saw it was a wind up :P

pHz wrote:
bluelife wrote:This I find naive. Society does not work like this, and never will.
My opnion.
blue
are saying it SHOULDNT though ???

the quote is HOPING for a change in society - not saying its already happened ...

slainte :) rob
No, I am not saying it shouldn't, but it wont happen.
Society as a whole is rotton to the very roots, it's unfortunate but true. The only thing that works in a more pure way is a personal relationship, which actually leads us to the paradox that a rotton society consists of small groups of people with more or less working and healthy relationships.

blue

bluelife wrote:Sorry if that upset you.
I do realise what this is about and do think what happened is very sad.
The comment I refer to is that made by the second woman:
4:30: "...every person has to take the responsibility to see a young man as their son...everyone we come in contact with, we should influence..."

This I find naive. Society does not work like this, and never will.

My opnion.

blue
Whereas I see nothing wrong with this statement.
It's just a maternal instinct coming out in this instance, I feel.
But also, I actually agree.
I think if we as individuals know how to live our lives in a decent, moral manner, then influencing the younger people round us is a good thing to do as far as I can see.

Take my mates teenage kids.
They now visit me as friends, and I've known them all their lives.
They don't hang around on street corners, they don't play with guns and they know right from wrong.
I'm very proud to say I've been instrumental in that (as well as their parents of course) by talking with them and giving my opinion (which they respect) on right and wrong and the way to behave...

I think we CAN make a difference.

Just my opinion.

Return to “Music Cafe”