Article 9 on the radio! Now with sound excerpts!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And it's actually got nothing to do with me or any of my stations! :shock:

We were approached by a documentary-maker and asked if they could use 'The Triumph Of Danu' in a documentary about street violence and gang culture.
At first we were like, "Oh no, we don't want to be associated with anything like that, wouldn't you be better to use hip-hop stuff?" but they were adamant our track was suitable for the tone they had in mind, which is from an anti-violence stance.
I think it's got something to do with 'Mothers Against Violence' which is an organisation that I support strongly, and I'm sure vurt does too.

We discussed it and agreed to let them use it.

I've just had a text (at 8-fuckin'-am!! :-o) to tell me the documentary ('Beyond Gangchester) is being aired today! :)

If you're in Manchester and have access to a radio, you can hear it at 11am on 96.9fm.
If not, you could log on to www.allfm.org in approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes from the time of this post, if you're interested.

I can't wait to see how they've used our tune. 8)

[EDIT]
And now you can hear it. :D This clip is encoded at 96Kbps for quickness of download, so it's not great quality, but it did come from an original CD dropped round here a short while ago by Mr Producer Man. :) I've got the whole programme on CD, but I've just edited the first and last sections which is where the Article 9 tune is, just so you can hear how it sounded if you want to. 8)
The now notorious name-foul-up isn't here as that was done live in the studio after the prerecorded documentary was played.
It wasn't meant to go out until July anyway, when it'll be part of a bigger feature with phone-ins and stuff.
But they had to think of something quick cos a presenter let them down, so they decided to whack this on cos they couldn't find anybody else at such short notice and so early in the day. (Should've asked me... :lol: )

Beyond Gangchester - Article 9's radio documentary debut :D

[/EDIT]
Last edited by Glassback on Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oh yeah - forgot to mention: the documentary is 30 minutes long. :wink:

pough, that's good news! Good on ya Mick and John :D

hey congratulations guys :D

:-o wait a minute im 4.5 of that 9 :D

whoopee :D :D

Glassback wrote:I can't wait to see how they've used our tune. 8)
:dog: It's RADIO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mothers against violence?
i thought you said "single mothers who give out"
i was thinkin it was a charity thing for pough :?

ah well whatever i suppose its all publicity :D

FIVE MINUTES TO GO!!!!!

:-o :D 8)

Fuckin Sods Law!!

I've got it on my normal radio, but the weblink appears to be down... :cry: :evil: :x

Well record it then you twat :x

Ohno :-o

You're no twat :D

I think the point is, Mark, that I'd posted the info for potentially 30,000 people to see and whoever of those people that saw it to tune into, and hear, our moment of glory - then like the rank amateurs they are, they severed the link. :x
They're the twats, if anybody. :evil:

Anyway, it wasn't worth recording cos it was way too hissy - the transmitter's not that for away from here, but they have it facing South because that's where the nobs who fund the station live.
It doesn't seem to have anything to do with target audience - just backslapping. :(

That's one of the main reasons I got so pissed off with 'community radio'. The community ended up playing second fiddle to the 'right-on brigade'.

As for the programme - Article 9 were used as a bed for the intro, which worked amazingly well - kudos to the producer - then the main body of the programme consisted of various people giving their thoughts and opinions on gang warfare and gun-law.
We then got put on at the end again, to play out under the final thoughts.
And it worked. vurt, maybe we've found a niche - in soundtracks? 8)

I've worked with Mothers Against Violence and I think they're doing a stirling job - even without the support of the authorities, which is a shameful situation.
They're only a pressure group, but pressure groups aren't appreciated by those who class themselves as accountable, are they?
If we don't look out for ourselves, who else is going to?
But the law thinks it should all be left to them, yet they do nothing!

You can't spend any time round a M.A.V. member without being affected. It's impossible not to, when the person you're talking to or interviewing suddenly starts sobbing uncontrollably at the memory of seeing their child shot to f**k in a hail of bullets; generally cos they owed someone a tenner or whatever or wouldn't hide the gun for someone else.
Always a pathetic reason.
How cheap is life to some people?

Anyway - hope vurt wasn't listening, cos one of the conditions of using our tune was that we get a mention at the end - 'original music by Article 9' but he said 'original music by Glassback and kirks' for some bizarre reason.
I'll have him about that when I see him. :roll:

:x im actually suing :x

Well, at least he got MY name right. :P
Last edited by Glassback on Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

im not actually joking either
and thats the last one of my fuckin tunes they get :x

Well, I've just got off the phone to the producer, who was appalled by the no-stream thing cos he'd made sure it was set up, but clearly someone else decided to make sure it wasn't.

He also apologises profusely to vurt for getting his name wrong. He should have just said Article 9, but maybe he thought that didn't tell anybody who we actually were.
You know, like Glassback and vurt would have anyway. :roll:

The thing is, apparently that was just a dry run and it goes out properly in July complete with phone-in and everything, so he'll amend that error before it goes out again.

Return to “Music Cafe”