vurtim spaces: vurt and tim

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

I took vurts Nebula Oddity piece, converted it to wave, put it in Tracktion and added ethnic percussion and cymbols from my EMU MP7, a bit of M42 nebula lead ( beginning and end)and a space guitar performed by yours truly. The guitar was processed thru Muse Research 's Receptor from a patch I created called "GTR Hillage" ( yeah..Steve Hillage, so it's a spacy patch)All the effects are VST effects on the guitar including the overdrive.When playing the guitar, I used a slide bottle at points which really gives it that Pink Floyd kind of feel. But vurt has some strange chord changes, so it took me for a loop, but I managed :-)

The MP7 was great in putting in the ethnic percussion ( by hand) it has those big pads so you can play it like a real hand drum. I kinda faded them in and out from the cymbol work which was done on a seperate track.I tried putting reverb on it, but it did not have the "presence" I wanted, so I kept it as is.

I really liked vurts nice little piece. Hope I did not damage it too much, but it was fun.I did cut it down to 5 minutes however. Sort of like Prog meets the Vurt :-)

Comments welcome.

http://home.earthlink.net/~tconrardy/VurtimSpace.mp3

about 5 MBs

Hope my earthlink account can take the band width! First time I am using it.

TC
Last edited by tconrardy on Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

a very fine addition ...

the guitar sounds marvelous , and i really liked the processing ...

the percussion added a nice dimension ...
played in by hand you say ... :o

I had not heard the original piece but what you have made out of it is really nice. Very atmospheric.

Patches, timbres and the whole composition is very well done. Like everything which is created by you, Tim. You are not only a good patch programmer but excellent musician as well. :)

Purna wrote:I had not heard the original piece but what you have made out of it is really nice. Very atmospheric.

Patches, timbres and the whole composition is very well done. Like everything which is created by you, Tim. You are not only a good patch programmer but excellent musician as well. :)
HI and thanks...guess I am not really known as a guitarist here:-) so thought I would do a guitar piece. :-o :lol: It's nice to take a break from doing patches to actually playing some music. :D Actually, I do my patches for my own music, rather it's stuff I would use in my own stuff. It's a real side effect if others can use them as well.But glad to share'em!

For comparisons heres the original Vurt Piece which is good in itself:

http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47770

Uses 2 M42 Nebulas and 2 Oddities.A nice pair if you ask me.

TC

Been playing here for the past hour or so and I am still not bored with it.

I just love it when around 3 mins the whole structure seems to shift through some grand phasing. Fantastic percussion going on at that point too.

I have a feeling vurt is getting some grand music out of you and I am just honored to be whitness to some beautiful soundtreatments.

Great guitaring too.

ahhhhh heck its all great :D

Tim, have you been listening to Terje Rypdal? The guitar work reminds me of his late 70's stuff. Very spacy and way cool :phones:

nikp2000 wrote:Tim, have you been listening to Terje Rypdal? The guitar work reminds me of his late 70's stuff. Very spacy and way cool :phones:
Nope: Robert Fripp and Steve Howl :-) Actually..never heard of Terje Rypdal...but sounds like something I would be interested.
TC

:-o :shock: wow thats great tim 8)
i may have some more pieces for you to play wit in future :D

but one little thing,its not a capital v its just a likkle one please :oops:

listened to it while working on my page .. with some sun shining into my room .. that was a nice environment, all in all. thanks vurtsenburst :)

putte

vurt wrote::-o :shock: wow thats great tim 8)
i may have some more pieces for you to play wit in future :D

but one little thing,its not a capital v its just a likkle one please :oops:

what? :-o you think of yourself as a little person? :lol: or..it's just more symtrical to have a little v? 8)

But..your wish is my command...so will do!

Looking forward to another tune.

putte: Nice to hear from you.Guess the sun coming in was just right.

TC

Great track. Made all the more trippy with the guitar. Would have liked that reverb on the ethnic pecussion meself, though. Not that its inclusion detracts from the track, but I felt it was a little too 'up front', compared to the rest of the 'washing over' feel of the rest of the track.
Cheers!
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

nikp2000 wrote:Tim, have you been listening to Terje Rypdal? The guitar work reminds me of his late 70's stuff. Very spacy and way cool :phones:
Very Terje Rypdal :D
Tim check out Odyssey (from 1975) and Lux Aeterna from 2002. I think you will like them.

Terje Rypdal is a guitarist from Finland with very distinct (spacey) style (swells, delays, distortion). He recorded a lot for ECM records.

What vsti's did you use on the guitar?

Btw. great remix/additions.

Henny

Is the Muse Receptor available yet, or are you using a beta version of it?

Linde wrote:
Very Terje Rypdal :D
Tim check out Odyssey (from 1975) and Lux Aeterna from 2002. I think you will like them.

Terje Rypdal is a guitarist from Finland with very distinct (spacey) style (swells, delays, distortion). He recorded a lot for ECM records.

What vsti's did you use on the guitar?

Btw. great remix/additions.

Henny
Thanks for this.

lets see...analyizing my GTR Hillage preset:

Green Machine WAH WAH
MDA Combo
Big Tick Delay
Classic Flanger
Super Phaser

Boy...thats a lot of effects. What makes it is the auto wah BEFORE the MDA Combo which creates the overdrive effect.

I have a good beta of Receptor. It should be out soon...and I am sure they will post on KvR when they are ready...but it's a hot box! I was playing those effects in real time. Just plugged in my guitar and the output to my sound card to record it in Tracktion.

TC

nice this, tim you truly are the master of all things spacey :) had me playing air guitar in my dressing gown :lol:

though have to confess to having turned a couple of your cameleon5000 patches to the dark side :evil: ... will try and post later today... :wink:

jim

Return to “Music Cafe”