Synth song (you review me, I review you!) New Jan. 17th!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I put a new song in my music website, it is named "Mountaintop". Please tell me how you like this song and how it can be improved. If you review my music, I will review yours, I promise! The song is at the top of this link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=224436
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

I see nobody reviewed this one so I'll give it a shot.

First off, love the concept. Again, very different from your more recent tracks. The mix is great, Surrounds King's words perfectly. Excellently done.

If you could review "Red Rose Gal" in my mega thread, that would be great. It's on page 109

Thanks.
Last edited by wagtunes on Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bump of the century ^^

nightsof25 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:14 pm Bump of the century ^^
There have been better :scared:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:15 pm
There have been better :scared:
Either way, I'm impressed

I like Aaron and I'm just trying to get some of his older tracks, that nobody bothered commenting on, heard. Maybe instead of being a jackass you could actually listen to the song and comment on it. Or is that too difficult for you?

wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:26 pm
I like Aaron and I'm just trying to get some of his older tracks, that nobody bothered commenting on, heard. Maybe instead of being a jackass you could actually listen to the song and comment on it. Or is that too difficult for you?
I commented because I thought it was funny. It was in no way meant to be malicious. I hope you have a good day!

nightsof25 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:39 pm
I commented because I thought it was funny. It was in no way meant to be malicious. I hope you have a good day!
Well your sense of humor is lost on me. It was not meant to be funny. It was just helping a friend.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:41 pm
nightsof25 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:39 pm
Well your sense of humor is lost on me. It was not meant to be funny. It was just helping a friend.
That's very kind of you!

So you didn't just come here because nobody has reviewed your latest track, and you know Aaron's terms of engagement? :P

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:52 pm
So you didn't just come here because nobody has reviewed your latest track, and you know Aaron's terms of engagement? :P
I told Aaron weeks ago, long before I did this track, that I was going to going through his back catalog and pulling out threads that had no comments at all. I'm doing this because I know what it feels like to be ignored and I'm sure he wasn't all that happy that he put in all this effort to ZERO appreciation.

Also, I happen to really like Aaron's music. His voice kind of reminds me of Joe Walsh at times. Based on the kind of stuff he does, I'd guess we aren't too far apart in age either.

But by all means, you believe whatever you like. I care about as much as I care what Donald Trump had for breakfast this morning.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:43 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:52 pm
I told Aaron weeks ago, long before I did this track, that I was going to going through his back catalog and pulling out threads that had no comments at all. I'm doing this because I know what it feels like to be ignored and I'm sure he wasn't all that happy that he put in all this effort to ZERO appreciation.

Also, I happen to really like Aaron's music. His voice kind of reminds me of Joe Walsh at times. Based on the kind of stuff he does, I'd guess we aren't too far apart in age either.

But by all means, you believe whatever you like. I care about as much as I care what Donald Trump had for breakfast this morning.
That little emoticon should've given you some indication of the sentiment behind my cooking. But they can't all land.
wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:43 pmI know what it feels like to be ignored and I'm sure he wasn't all that happy that he put in all this effort to ZERO appreciation.
Well, I guess if you pin your hopes on other people like that, it might smart. I know it's a cliché, but I really think that unless you are bound by contractual requirements, that all creative endeavours should primarily be for our own personal enjoyment (The rest being a bonus). But I do also like it when people appreciate my music, so it would be nice if we could all get that connection.

I'm sure I remember liking Aaron's stuff, but I've tended to avoid listening for a while. I just don't like the 'Review me, and I'll return the favour' set-up.
wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:43 pmI care about as much as I care what Donald Trump had for breakfast this morning.
Apparently this morning it was grilled puppy-dog hearts, served with a melange of insults from the opposition parties, all washed down with the tears of orphaned Iraqi children. Lunch was apparently spaghetti :tu:

Okay, I gotta admit, that was funny. LOL.

:lol:

While we're on the subject of this forum in general, couple of last points and then I'll move on.

1. I think it's great that Aaron offers to review our music in exchange for a review of his. I think there should be more of that here. Maybe this forum would become more interactive instead of what it is, which is essentially a classified ad forum where nobody reads the ads.

2. I would listen to Aaron's music regardless of his offer. In fact, I am quite sure you've noticed that, with few exceptions, I listen to everybody's music that's posted here. And yes, I have an ulterior motive. No, it's not to get my music listened to because most of these people don't. My motive is that I genuinely like to listen to the music of others for more reasons that I care to get into here because I'll be typing all day. If you go to the OT forum, you'll find a thread of mine called "Musical Round Robin" of all these Youtube songs I've listened to based on certain rules. I'm up to almost 1,700 songs.

My whole world, outside of my wife and daughter, is music. My biggest complaint about this forum is that there isn't enough music posted here on a regular basis. Sometimes I might only get one or two songs a day, if that.

I wish Aaron would post more. I wish Donkey Tugger would post more. Hell, I wish YOU would post more. This place is dead at times.

Anyway, I've said my peace on the subject. I love music both creating it and listening to it.

Return to “Music Cafe”