Evolution Archtop: Turning off scrapes?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

It seems like all notes above D4 have a 'fret scrape' of some kind which is triggered at the end of every phrase I play. Is there a way to turn this off?

It sounds like you're playing notes outside of the current fretting position and the automatic fret noises are kicking in. You can decrease their volume or disable them completely using the "Auto Fret Noise Volume" setting in the SETUP section.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Gregjazz wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:56 pm It sounds like you're playing notes outside of the current fretting position and the automatic fret noises are kicking in.
Does this imply that I can somehow influence this by some sort of note choice? ie. forcing the thing to
'play' on certain strings or positions on the fretboard? I'm looking for some guidance here... I'm just playing notes at the MIDI keyboard (which are idiomatic, btw) and letting the plug-in 'decide' how to play them. Can you elaborate?
Gregjazz wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:56 pm You can decrease their volume or disable them completely using the "Auto Fret Noise Volume" setting in the SETUP section.
That helps. Also, I found that cutting the Release Samples helps. Is there a way to control these via keyswitch or MIDI CC? That would be -very- useful.

Thanks. Except for these speed bumps I am -deeply- impressed.

Hi Greg,

Any word on this? I know it's the holidays but I just wanted to make sure you're seeing this. TIA. --JC
Suntower wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:36 pm
Gregjazz wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:56 pm It sounds like you're playing notes outside of the current fretting position and the automatic fret noises are kicking in.
Does this imply that I can somehow influence this by some sort of note choice? ie. forcing the thing to
'play' on certain strings or positions on the fretboard? I'm looking for some guidance here... I'm just playing notes at the MIDI keyboard (which are idiomatic, btw) and letting the plug-in 'decide' how to play them. Can you elaborate?
Gregjazz wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:56 pm You can decrease their volume or disable them completely using the "Auto Fret Noise Volume" setting in the SETUP section.
That helps. Also, I found that cutting the Release Samples helps. Is there a way to control these via keyswitch or MIDI CC? That would be -very- useful.

Thanks. Except for these speed bumps I am -deeply- impressed.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”