MIDI Examples for Evolution Archtop?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just purchased the above lib. There are no included MIDI examples and no docs beyond just describing the controls. I am a trained guitarist so I -know- how to 'play' idiomatically, but there are some pretty basic things that do -not- sound realistic: Eg. no matter what I've tried playing a straight two octave major scale sounds pretty bad.

Just one specific: instead of the notes 'blending' (not legato but where the attack of the first picked note is stronger than the subsequent notes in the run), the attack of all notes is similar, creating an exaggerated effect. It's not quite 'machine gun', but it's definitely not realistic. It sounds more like if a conductor ordered me to intentionally Attack. Each. Note. The. Same.

Anyone got any MIDI files or other insights on how to obtain some semblance of realism?

I have other issues, but my hope is that if I get an example of how to do a -scale- some of the other issues will reveal themselves.

TIA,

---JC

PS: Yes, I watched the Youtube Videos. None of them do basic scalar playing--unless I wasn't watching carefully.

There are midi files of the demos of the Rock guitar standard.

The demo MIDI files are located in a subfolder called "Demo Songs". The exact presets used in these demos are also included within a ZIP file in that same folder--those are usually derived from factory presets, though.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”