STRUM Pattern Editor Functions in DAW Piano Roll?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First, let me say I love your guitars! So don't take this quibble as condemnation.

Would it possible to do everything you can do in the Strum Pattern Editor, except do it in your DAWS piano roll. Often you need to sync a guitar rhythm to the groove of another track. That other track may not land perfectly on the beat. The limitations of the Strum Pattern Editor make this very challenging and cumbersome. Being able to program the patterns directly in the piano roll would over come this. Ample guitars allow you to do it this.

I understand why you probably didn't do it that way. It would make for a very complex looking piano roll. But it would be great to have that option through a series of keyswitches and maybe midi CCs.

Thanks!!
Cap'n Spanky
From the Planet Screwball

Okay... I think I've figured this out. You can pretty much do what I want by using:
1) one of the three CHORD modes, 2) the strum downstroke and upstroke keys, 3) the articulations, and 4) adjusting or automating Strum Speed, Distance, and Decay within Setup.

What I did not realize before was that the regular articulations, (Palm Mute, Mute, Harmonics, etc.) affect the strum downstroke and upstroke keys. I probably should have known that (Duh!), but once I figured it out, it was a revelation.

Getting a good strum pattern and sound is still a challenge. But now I can more or less do what I want with the Strum mode.
Cap'n Spanky
From the Planet Screwball

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”