How to get Kontakt to automatically detect sample location when loading nki?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For non-Player instruments. Following the instructions leads to two separate folders being created, Engine and Samples. The nki is located is Engine, but when I run it in Kontakt, Kontakt tells me it can't find the samples, and I have to manually browse to the Samples folder. This is an irritating waste of time. Moving the Samples folder into the Engine folder or the Engine's instrument name subfolder didn't help. Any advice? Maybe copy the files without the folder?

Using Kontakt 6 in Bitwig 2.5. Only happens afaik with Orange Tree Sample instruments (tested with Passion Flute, Angelic Harp, Slide Steel).

For non-Player Kontakt instruments, you will generally want to do a Batch re-save (from the File menu). This will ask you to locate the samples, and write the location to the instrument files. You will not have to do this again unless you move them.

With the way Orange Tree provides the files, you need to unzip the files with a folder structure and you shouldn't have to Batch re-save since they are located relatively to each other if I recall correctly.

For Passion Flute, you'd want the nkc, nki, and nkr in the root of the folder. Then you have subfolders Documentation and Samples. The samples should be in the Samples subfolder.

I just looked at Slide Steel and it is similar, but the Samples folder has a subfolder structure beneath it, to organize Releases, Resonance, Shorts, Slide Noise, and Sustains.

I don't have Angelic Harp.

What RAR extraction software are you using? Some software I've tried will not extract the engine files and samples in the same place, and you'll end up with two separate folders instead of one. That's why we recommend using UnRarX on Mac OS and WinRAR (or 7-Zip) on Windows, since they don't have that issue with extracting multiple RAR files in the same place.

Be sure to check out this article from our FAQ, too:

https://www.orangetreesamples.com/knowl ... he-library
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”