Evolution Infinity out of tune

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do I stop the tuning issue? Random notes out of tune when you play caused by what appears to be round robin and high velocity.

We did tune the samples, but one thing that makes it difficult is how the attacks of notes (especially high dynamic ones) tend to be sharp and then drift flat. With the notes you're running into, does it seem like only the first 1-2 seconds that are out of tune before it drifts back into tune, or is the entire sustain/decay out of tune as well?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

That's the natural behavior of strings (I assume you're talking about guitar or bass samples) when you strike them hard - the pitch goes sharp during the initial attack, but should then settle to the correct tuned pitch during the subsequent sustain.

Gregjazz wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:19 am We did tune the samples, but one thing that makes it difficult is how the attacks of notes (especially high dynamic ones) tend to be sharp and then drift flat. With the notes you're running into, does it seem like only the first 1-2 seconds that are out of tune before it drifts back into tune, or is the entire sustain/decay out of tune as well?
Yeah it drifts mostly. The decay is where it flattens. Also it happens at different velocities. It's not even. Some notes are in tune, some aren't. For example play an octave and you'll get what I mean.

This is pretty normal when you whack a string hard, live with it.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:27 am This is pretty normal when you whack a string hard, live with it.
Got nothing to do with whacking strings hard, otherwise why does it do it on low velocities as well.

This is to do with the way the samples are triggered. It seems like the genius who put this together decided to do a round robin triggering slightly out of tune samples combined with in-tune ones, the objective: more real sounding guitar....NO, not the case, real guitars dont randomly go out of tune for the hell of it, they do it because you press too hard on the neck or you play higher up on a poorly made, warped neck. I'm experienced with guitars, cheap and expensive ones and know what I'm talking about.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”