(Help) how to program a decent strumming pattern?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I own Evolution Rock Standard. The sound is amazing, but I havn't been able to program great strumming patterns so far. I must do something wrong:

Could someone please explain to me how to create a basic strum like in the beginning of Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cungnuubNRQ ? Also, is it possible to double the speed of the pattern without modifying the project tempo (it might be useful on certain chorus)?

Thanks!

It's mostly done with 16th note power chords. The initial run up is G-D-G -> G#-D#-G# -> A-E-A.

Hi "Forgotten", thanks for your answer. However, I'm not really looking for a piano cover tutorial, but rather a quick guide on how to create & play basic strum with Evolution Rock Standard. Would you have any guidelines?

I don't use guitar software, so no idea. I would just learn that directly on a guitar if I wanted to learn it, but as the notes are 'strummed' so close together you might has well assume they're simultaneous if you're using a MIDI controller of some kind.

I was assuming you would play the notes on a keyboard and just wanted to know which notes and duration of the notes. I could probably figure the whole thing out pretty quickly on a keyboard, but for me it's just quicker to play it on guitar.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”