Mind Control CC problem

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I'm trying to use MC to make the 8Dio libraries less unwieldy. I want to use a CC to tell MC to switch patches, in my case CC28. I'm using Lemur to send the CC28 messages with buttons that send a single CC value. I can verify that the messages are sent, as I can see them recorded as MIDI, but MC does not change. Each Layer is set to CC, then 28, and if for example I'm sending a value of 5, MC has a range from 5 to 5. Am I missing something? Kontakt 6.10(R20). Keyswitches work as expected, but CC switches do not.

Thanks!

Ok, so I realized that one thing that was happening was that the Lemur object I created was sending a CC value when I touched it but sending another (0) when I released it. So that is likely part of my issue.

Is it working correctly now? If not you can always email me directly (greg AT orangetreesamples DOT com) and I can help you get things worked out.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

So all of the Lemur issues being solved, I now have (courtesy of MindControl) a multi (for each section) that has all of the articulations from the new 8Dio Adagio re-release and the hyper-legatos from Agitato and the Grandiose legatos (that's 43 articulations online at once), and since they are selected via CC, the articulations chase, and also since i'm using that CC I can also trigger keyswitches within the Agitato or Grandiose and not run out of room on the controller, and, best of all, it's all on one midi channel per section, so I have a nice compact template.

(I could also just save versions of the Agitato and Grandiose that load with the different variations and trigger them like anything else.)

A minor wish - I wish that MindControl would allow me to load a full version of the front panel of each instrument - and this may not be a Mind Control issue - but when I go to the script editor of a patch within the MC multi, it doesn't load the graphics all as they would be. I'm still able to make changes to the parameters or learn controllers - it's a minor quibble. But what would be really awesome is if I could batch-edit parameters on all loaded patches at once! Likely impossible.

Still - I don't know why everyone doesn't use this software.

And thanks, Greg!

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”