Executing a slide with Songwriter

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to use a slide in Evolution Songwriter. I have a four note chord sliding into another four note chord -- each note is moving by a semi-tone up. The notes of the first chord are overlapping slightly with those of the second. When I play it back in my DAW, it does kind of sound like a slide. I thought I would try the velocity slide command, used as a keyswitch. Using this, it doesn't sound any different. Is this because slides need to be at least a major second? I'm not a guitar player, so I don't have any background knowledge of guitars...

Thanks for any help.

Slides need at least a semitone of difference, not a major second. But it might be that it's simply a very fast slide within that one semitone...

So is the four note chord just sliding up one semitone? Or do you need it to slide farther?

In any case, this tutorial video might be helpful: https://youtu.be/SEbgQNEGHGU?t=244
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thanks for your replies. My four-note chord is sliding up just a semi-tone. I'll try the techniques presented in the video. I hadn't yet tried the velocity slide command using velocity (I used a keyswitch), so it will be interesting to see what happens. Being able to change the midi channels of individual notes is a pretty nifty thing; I'm not sure it can be done in Digital Performer. But if worst comes to worst, I can load additional instances of the guitar and experiment.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”