CoreBass Pear - Kontakt

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How in the world do I get this instrument to show up in my Library List in Kontakt?

The instructions only mention loading it via File drop down. And there's no serial number to register like other Kontakt instruments. What am I missing?
The groove baby, the groove...

You are not missing anything, it's not a Kontakt Player encoded library, so you cannot add it to Libraries tab.

Wow! I'lll chalk it up to my misunderstanding, but I feel misled.

Good to know so that I'll leave their other instruments alone. Nice guitars though.

Thanks for the response.

How do you feel misled?

https://www.orangetreesamples.com/produ ... ebass-pear

It says so right on the website. "Full version of Kontakt required". It would mention that it's for free Kontakt Player in case of the library being able to be added to Libraries tab...

BezO wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:30 pm Good to know so that I'll leave their other instruments alone.
The guitars DO load into the free player though. You just happened to pick one of the rare libraries of OTS that doesn't.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:58 pm How do you feel misled?

https://www.orangetreesamples.com/produ ... ebass-pear

It says so right on the website. "Full version of Kontakt required". It would mention that it's for free Kontakt Player in case of the library being able to be added to Libraries tab...
By "Full version of Kontakt required", I erroneously thought that meant it was a Kontakt instrument and would appear in the Library list. I've always had the full version and didn't know "It would mention that it's for free Kontakt Player in case of the library being able to be added to Libraries tab..." I just learned something new. Thanks!

jsp1979 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:09 pm
BezO wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:30 pm Good to know so that I'll leave their other instruments alone.
The guitars DO load into the free player though. You just happened to pick one of the rare libraries of OTS that doesn't.
I know the guitars load. I have them all and use them regularly in the full version of Kontakt... well now Komplete Kontrol. I was not aware of how the free version worked, what determined an instrument appearing in the Library list, etc. Thank you as well!

Have you considered using the "Quickload" Menu in Kontakt? I use this for all my non-library links, including the Slide Bundle, Angelic Zither and CoreBassPear:

1. In the main window, right click. This will load the Quick-Load Menu Tool
2. Add Menu Folders by right clicking in the lined area to the left. Sub menus can be created in a similar fashion
3. Under the Files Tab, navigate to the folder for Core Bass Pear
4. Drag the .nki files in the "Instruments" folder over to your newly created menu folder in the Quick Load Menu Tool

Your Quick Load Menu is available from the downward arrow in the Multirack, the downward arrow next to the name of any active instrument, or directly from the Quick Load Menu Tool.

Further info:
A Youtube Video to explain can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv600ATbsbc
Kontakt User Manual guide: Chapter 15, page 89

cheq123 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:52 pm Have you considered using the "Quickload" Menu in Kontakt? I use this for all my non-library links, including the Slide Bundle, Angelic Zither and CoreBassPear...
Yes, and was just going to try this tonight as I have a track I want the Pear on. Thanks!

Question before I get to it tonight: Do you know if this will filter over to Komplete Kontrol, or if I can use a similar process for KK?

BezO wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:04 pm Question before I get to it tonight: Do you know if this will filter over to Komplete Kontrol, or if I can use a similar process for KK?
Unfortunately, no - as you've probably found out by now (sorry about the delay!).

Since CBP isn't NKS ready, there are no preset control knob assignments. CBP's keyboard mappings are also rather strange since the light-guide is generally blank in the playable range, and lights up at Note On events - indicating the string the current note is played on based on the Bass LH position

What works for me if I have to use KK with non NKS ready instrument in Kontakt is:

1. In KK, go to View > Edit Mode
2. Load the Quickload Preset
3. Put the KK Keyboard into MIDI mode
4. Assign the KK CC-Knobs to the most useful controls
5. Save patch a user preset in KK - File > Save As

This unfortunately implies flipping between MIDI mode (KK H/W Shift+Instance) to use the control knobs. and normal KK mode to use the light guide. A royal pain.

NI should probably release some sort of SDK for independent developers to create their own NKS mappings for non compliant instruments. I have a ton of instruments I would gladly make NKS compliant in my spare time if that were the case. Alternatively, we could ask Orange Tree Samples nicely if they could eventually make these smaller libraries NKS compliant at some point in time.

Addendum: Step 0 in my list: Load Kontakt in KK from Instruments > Native Instruments > Kontakt

I actually didn't get to this last night, so definitely thanks for the heads up.

And since I started using KK, I don't think I've used the Kontakt player more than a few times; I used your step 0 method for Electri6ity until I discovered OTS guitars. Ha!

Yeah, flipping between modes is a PITA. I'd REALY need Pear to jump through those hoops. I rely on track/instance selection via KK too much. This would be a workflow killer.

I have instruments completely unrelated to Kontakt, and I can load them in KK via the File drop down. Funny this doesn't work for Kontakt, non-NKS instruments, like Electri6ity by Vir2 for example. Pear, needing the full player, I wonder if loading that way is an option. Your step 0 may imply that's not an option. I'll check that before the MIDI Mode method.

Thanks for the responses!

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”