Which Evolution?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I am a keyboardists considering trying OT Samples for synth lead sounds. Not knowing much about guitars, I am hoping someone could recommend the best package for jam band type guitars, Jerry Garcia, Trey Anastasio kind of thing. I am also real interested in whatever is going to give the most dynamics and movement in the sound, playing from a keyboard... things like feedback and harmonics etc I guess

Judging from the artists you mentioned, I would check out "Rock Standard", "Strawberry" and/or "Stratosphere". Check the articulations listed in the specifications, along with the demo videos and walkthroughs to make sure whatever you pick can do all you need before purchasing

If you're only looking to get one, Rock Standard or Strawberry would probably be my choice. They're both extremely versatile. I also really love the telecaster (Evolution Texas Twang).

I'd recommend Evolution Rock Standard for that--it gets an organic, raw tone, while Evolution Strawberry might have too much of a pristine, produced sound for the style of guitar tone you're after.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”