Was there an Evolution engine update on September 20, 2018?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just noticed this: on the OTS website, all of the Evolution guitars (as well as the Mandolin and Sitardelic) are marked as having been updated on September 20, 2018. This suggests that an engine update was rolled out then, but I can't find any announcement of that anywhere, or anyone talking about it. Greg, can you enlighten us on what this was about? :)

Good question.

Yes, we're updating all the Evolution guitar libraries and will put out the official announcement email. We needed to upload the update earlier because apparently Amazon's CloudFront edge servers can take a little while to sync with the updated files, which is what we ran into last update--a few people in certain regions downloaded the engine files and still received the old ones.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Excellent, thanks! Can you give any further details about that strumming pattern bug, like what kinds of preconditions are necessary for it to be triggered? I may want to put off updating for now, and it would be good to know how prevalent that bug is and how I might be able to work around it.

The bug was introduced in the July update. It would happen sometimes when a strumming key was repeated and maybe in some other circumstances as well. The result would be that one note division in the strumming pattern would be skipped. In the case of a 16th note strumming pattern, it was especially audible, since the strumming would be offset by a 16th note.

This latest update fixes that bug as well as adding a new guitar cabinet model--a Mesa Boogie Mark I, which Carlos Santana is known for playing. We don't have a PRS library yet, of course, but it works pretty well with Evolution Rock Standard in the meantime.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Ah, okay. I don't believe I ever ran into that bug, but good to know it's taken care of. I'll cop to getting way too excited about your use of words like "yet" and "meantime" in reference to an Orange Tree PRS, though! Oh please, oh please... ;)

So I tried updating this morning and FIrefox reports the following error:

cdn.orangetreesamples.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.cloudfront.net, cloudfront.net Error code:

SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

That's strange--I'm not running into that error in Firefox or Chrome. If you right-click on the link and use the "Save Link As..." option, does that work?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”