Dracus loading very slowly

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dracus is loading very slowly for me (30-45 seconds), though Texas Twang and Infinity load super quick (2-3 seconds). It looks to me like Dracus is trying to load everything at once, but Texas Twang / Infinity is loading more on-demand (preset switching seems to take slightly longer)?

Does anyone know if there is a way to switch how Dracus loads to the same method, or is it built into the library itself?

I took a look at some of the Kontakt settings, and the only ones that would seem to matter (DFD, Snapshot locations) are set to the same for both.

Looking at trying a batch resave or re-installing Dracus next, I guess.

Batch resave didn't work. Neither did the recent engine update, nor making an exclusion on my anti-virus. Not sure what else to do.

I'm assuming at this point that Dracus is just very slow to load.

Is Dynamic Memory enabled or disabled for Dracus on its Setup page?

It loads very fast over here...

It's fixed now! Thanks, EvilDragon.

Dynamic Memory was enabled, so I disabled it. It loaded up in about 3 seconds, which is interesting, because Infinity had Dynamic Memory enabled, and it always loaded super quick.

So then I tried re-enabling Dynamic Memory on Dracus, and it is still very quick now... Not sure exactly how toggling the setting fixed it, but I'll take it. Thanks again.

Dynamic Memory means that it only loads articulations that are necessary for the preset/snapshot to play. It should be enabled for faster loading...

I think resaving the patch is what helped ya.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”