Orange Tree Samples 2018 Group Buy - 60% OFF!!

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Doc, I just sent you a PM about that.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

I've been using and loving Evolution Rock Standard for some time. I signed up for the group buy and was planning on buying 2 more Evolution engine VSTs, however I recently got a Roli Seaboard (which I love even more than my Evolution Rock Standard) and I've not been able to get it to work properly with the Evolution VST. I've followed the instructions in the YouTube video on Polybend and tried it with Bitwig 3.0 and Cubase 9.5. In both cases I've tried configuring my Seaboard via Roli Dashboard to be in either "Multi-channel" mode (using MIDI channels 1-16), or in MPE mode (using Midi channels 2-16) and "Pitch Bend Range" = 24 (since Evolution "Bend Range Up/Down" are set to perfect 12th).
I set the track in Bitwig and Cubase to use all MIDI channels. In Bitwig, I also tried it with both "MPE" enabled and disabled on the "instrument".
In short, I spent many hours trying multiple settings and the best I could get in either Bitwig or Cubase was that pitchbend partially worked but was not usable because it lacked accuracy when bending into a note ... the target note would be slightly off pitch ... enough to make it unusable. Using the same DAW's and UVI Falcon (or Roli Equator), everything works great, so I assume the problem is the Evolution's Polybend is not capable of adequately supporting Roli pitchbend, or my configuration is not correct. Please Help!
Also, is OrangeTree planning to fully support MPE in the near future? If not, and Polybend is the recommended solution, than you really need more comprehensive instructions on all settings required in various DAWs and in the Roli Dashboard to make it work. If you do add full support for MPE, you'll make me and growing number of MPE users very happy and probably significantly increase your sales.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”