Single key power chords?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi I was wondering if it is at all possible to do simple one key power chords in the Evolution line, such as the Pettinhouse Humbucker 2.0 Kontakt library?
I have both Rock Standard and Infinity and as much as I like the strum section, I can't seem to figure how to do one key power chords, if at all possible??

If you check out the Custom Chords section there is a power chord preset. You can map each of these to a single key.

Since several power chords can be played starting on the 5th or 6th strings, you probably want to start with that template but change the voicings to taste.
You can save a new custom chord preset that contains all the voicings after you’re done.

The basic process is:

1. Select a chord slot

2. “Learn” the single note (or fifth, or chord) that you want to use as a trigger by clicking “learn” and then playing the notes on your controller. This tells the engine what voicing to trigger.

3. Adjust the voicing by dragging the notes.

Two ways:

1. Use the "powerchords" articulation (at the bottom of the articulation list). This is a "modifier" articulation, so you'd want to have the sustain or palm mute articulation mapped as well, for example.

2. Use the "One Note Powerchords" custom chord factory preset. That allows you to hold down a single note and then use the strumming down/upstroke keys (or strumming pattern keys) to strum the powerchord.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Awesome stuff Greg! Big thanks! So much to learn (but worth it!).

the powerchord articulation have problem(on hollowbody blues) that it use on low chords on 6th string 2 notes. I also test drop D tuning. normaly it should play a chord at same fret on string 6 5 4. but on lower notes it do this not. for example the F chord is play on string 6 on 2 fret position and on string 5 on 1 fret position. this sound strange. The chords G , A, B is play correct, then next C is wrong. is there a way to change something in setting, that it work as on real guitar ?. I test midi guitar mode enable. this not help

BTW: I think it is usefull in setup, when after the importants setting upto release volume, the other settings are alphabetical order so. bend settings are before dynamic settings, dynamic settings are before vibrato settings. then can find more easy the settings. and if in future versions more settings come, they can add in alphabetical or too
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”