Evolution Jazz Archtop - AVAILABLE NOW!

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Evolution Jazz Archtop brings you the iconic tone of a hollowbody jazz guitar, a staple in traditional and contemporary jazz ensembles. The archtop guitar also makes notable appearances in other styles of music such as R&B, pop, latin, and funk. Evolution Jazz Archtop covers all these styles with its flexible and highly-customizable approach. Extensively sampled, Evolution Jazz Archtop includes multiple round-robin in both pick directions and three dynamic layers for a wide range of expression. These specifications cover articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, fully muted notes, and natural harmonics. The library also includes extended performance techniques such as legato articulations and effects like string slaps, divebombs, fret noises, and others.

In developing Evolution Jazz Archtop, we’ve teamed up with Rosewood Recording Company, one of Utah's most venerable recording studios. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, incorporates analog audio equipment to skillfully sculpt and emphasize the rich tonal qualities of the guitar. For the sampling session, Guy Randle worked with Rich Dixon, an award-winning session guitarist, international performer, and jazz theory/improvisation educator.

Evolution Jazz Archtop is outfitted with our Evolution guitar engine which provides you with a wealth of appointments: an innovative strumming pattern editor, automatic chord detection, and a robust effects engine. The library includes many factory presets for ready-to-use classic and modern jazz guitar tones designed to fit right into the mix.

Video Demos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5brBsbhWDXg

Audio Demos:
Demo #1: Dollars to Donuts
Demo #2: Spray-On Cheese
Demo #3: Red Coast

Key features:
  • 3.96 GB of samples, covering articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, natural harmonics, plus special effects like string slaps, divebombs, and much more.
  • Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
  • Built-in strum pattern editor for authentic jazz guitar rhythm tracks.
  • Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
Pricing:
$139 USD (regularly $179). This $40 off introductory discount lasts until December 1st, 2016.

Format:
This sample library is powered by the KONTAKT Player, so it does not require any additional software.

Downloads:
User's Guide (PDF)

Visit the product page here: Evolution Jazz Archtop sample library for KONTAKT

Or you can click here to order Evolution Jazz Archtop directly
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Which version of Kontakt is required to use the library? I'm at 5.5.2 and don't currently plan on updating to 5.6

You're fine with 5.5.2.

5.5.0 is minimum for any NKS-enabled library.

Thanks my Friend!

Off to use some Orange Slices...

rtucker55 wrote:Which version of Kontakt is required to use the library? I'm at 5.5.2 and don't currently plan on updating to 5.6
Just to confirm, the library was saved/encoded in Kontakt 5.5.2.880, so that version will work fine.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Great! Thanks for the reply.

I love the way your demos sound Greg. In trying to duplicate the same, is there anyway you might do a video in a step by step process that allows you to create such realistic results?

In the demos, I usually start out with factory presets and then modify them as needed. All the snapshot presets used for the demos are included in the "Demo Songs" folder, too. I would say the realism itself comes from imitating how a guitarist would phrase certain lines or what they would play as a rhythm track. These days I play everything live from my MIDI keyboard and then tweak as needed afterwards, so the natural humanization that comes from playing the part live helps, too.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Any chance you can post the MIDI of these demos? I'm having a LOT of trouble replicating your results. I play guitar so I know the idioms to use... but they sound totally synthy when I do it from the keyboard. Specifically the note transitions on single lines sound totally 'machine gun'.

TIA

Suntower wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:09 am Any chance you can post the MIDI of these demos? I'm having a LOT of trouble replicating your results. I play guitar so I know the idioms to use... but they sound totally synthy when I do it from the keyboard. Specifically the note transitions on single lines sound totally 'machine gun'.

TIA
It would be very helpful if there were a few MIDI examples included for each instrument library.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”