Orange Tree Samples license transfer system

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Occasionally we've had requests for users to sell or transfer a library to somebody else. This includes purchasing a library as a gift for somebody or selling the library on a forum's marketplace area, for example.

We used to handle these license transfers manually, but now we've created a new, automatic system for transferring your products to other users. As before, there are no license transfer fees, of course.

There are many benefits with having this built-in system. As a buyer, you can be sure that you're receiving a legitimate copy of the library. Additionally, when a library is transferred to you, you receive any updates for the product as well. Finally, because the transfers are sent using your unique transfer code (essentially an alias for your account), you can receive libraries without having to give out personal information like your email address and full name.

That being said, in order to avoid abuse, we have established limitations pertaining to which libraries are eligible to transfer and how often libraries can be transferred.

NFR (not for resale) copies, Kontakt Player libraries, and discontinued products cannot be transferred. There are also limitations on how often you can transfer libraries. Of course, if you need an exception made, just contact us.

If you have any questions, let us know!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Looking good, Greg. Your website is an example to many, as is your support. Your wonderful instruments are beyond comparison.

"Kontakt player libraries", does that mean ALL libraries that are kontakt player compatible (ie all Evolution guitars), or do you have another definition of "kontakt player library"?

brynolf wrote:"Kontakt player libraries", does that mean ALL libraries that are kontakt player compatible (ie all Evolution guitars), or do you have another definition of "kontakt player library"?
If this is really the case, it counts out a huge share of the products.

Harry_HH wrote:
brynolf wrote:"Kontakt player libraries", does that mean ALL libraries that are kontakt player compatible (ie all Evolution guitars), or do you have another definition of "kontakt player library"?
If this is really the case, it counts out a huge share of the products.
Yes, so it's best to ask before jumping into the group buy.

Anyone in the know?

I'm pretty sure the Evolution Guitar series are excluded from this. I just bought a few during the group buy, and out of curiosity, checked the "License Transfers" section of my account, which states:
You do not currently own any transferrable products.
License transfer restrictions
Bear in mind that certain products cannot be transferred:

NFR (not for resale) copies.
Kontakt Player libraries--serial numbers cannot be transferred.
Products that are discontinued or otherwise not for sale.
Products purchased less than 6 months ago.
Products received as transfers within 6 months.
If this is the case, it really should be spelled out more clearly, as I initially thought that if I registered the library via Kontakt (full), that I could do a license transfer.

Although, maybe I can still do a transfer 6 months from now? If that's true, it would be useful to state that I can't do a transfer because it hasn't been 6 months.

Quick update on this - it's been over year, and I still am unable to resell any of my Evolution Guitar libraries, so I don't think it's time-limited. Not that I want to (at least not now), but I was under the mistaken impression that I could, based on other posts.

They aren't available within the automated license transfer system because once you've activated your serial number, someone else can't activate it in their account.

Instead, you need to contact us directly so that we can manually deactivate the serial number and coordinate transferring it to the new owner.

I'm putting together a plan on how to more efficiently handle this in the future. For example, after contacting us to deactivate the serial number, then it could show up in the automated license transfer system. That way you can transfer it easily and instantly to the new owner.

EDIT: I should clarify that while we initially didn't allow transfers of Kontakt Player instruments, now that we have access to be able to deactivate serial numbers within Native Instruments' system, it's something we can offer now, albeit handled manually.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:34 pm They aren't available within the automated license transfer system because once you've activated your serial number, someone else can't activate it in their account.

Instead, you need to contact us directly so that we can manually deactivate the serial number and coordinate transferring it to the new owner.

I'm putting together a plan on how to more efficiently handle this in the future. For example, after contacting us to deactivate the serial number, then it could show up in the automated license transfer system. That way you can transfer it easily and instantly to the new owner.

EDIT: I should clarify that while we initially didn't allow transfers of Kontakt Player instruments, now that we have access to be able to deactivate serial numbers within Native Instruments' system, it's something we can offer now, albeit handled manually.
Awesome - thanks, Greg.

Dear Greg
I would like to transfer some of my Evolution guitars that I purchased few month ago, but they aren't listed in my transfer list. I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue.

For libraries that include serial numbers, you'll need to get in touch with us through our support form (or using the direct email address below the form). That way we can deactivate the serial numbers so that you can transfer the libraries. That was the only part we weren't able to automate in our license transfer system.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thank you for clarification )

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”