Mdrummer does NOT sync with my project....

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, It just doesn't...what am I doing wrong? in Cubase 10.5 if I add an instrument track with Mdrummer on it and start a beat it is not in sync with the project..pulling my hair out with this problem... :(

any help please?

What exactly are you doing when you 'start a beat'? Are you using MIDI command method or Pads mode?

Is MDrummer set at a certain tempo, or is it set to follow the host's tempo?

MDrummer follows the host tempo. The tempo setting in MD is just for auditioning things at various tempos (with host stopped) using the playback panel within MDrummer or the play button in Song Tab .

I'd probably need a project, but the thing is, MDrummer is always in sync (cannot be disabled), so I'm not really sure what is going on.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Please forgive my late response..been extremely busy..anyway, I have a cubase project open now with one instrument track which is Mdrummer, if I start the cubase project going at 120bpm with the click track going and then try to audition various loops by first selecting a loop then pressing the play button in Mdrummer..it is not in sync, if I stop the cubase project and first press the play in Mdrummer then start the project it is still not in sync...so what do I have to do to get it to be in sync given one of the previous posters said it's always in sync? I'm probably doing something stupid but everything else I use is just always in sync... :(

thank you for any help..Kevin

OK, I think I can see what you're trying to do, but MD just doesn't work like that. Sync only works when you have MIDI commands setup in your DAW. I'm not talking about MIDI notes triggering individual drums (that's Drum PAD mode and not what you want), but MIDI notes triggering loops (which IS what you want).
Make sure Quick Setup > Rhythms > Drum pad mode is off.
Essentially, MIDI notes in DAW will trigger loops in MD.
Look at the keyboard in MD RHYTHM EDITOR. First octave on the left is for Intros, 2nd octave for Beats, and so on.
That arrangement of keys you see in MD equates to keys in DAW.
MIDI notes 0-11 play Intros, 12-23 play beats, 24-35 play Breaks, and so on.
Recent versions of MD (14.00 up) actually inform host of the appropriate names. E.G. in REAPER when MD is loaded onto a track I see the names in the MIDI editor.....see attachment below (actually the notes at the top named disabled are for the 'Stop!' command).
I'm not sure if this happens with Cubase, but no matter, perhaps you can create your own note names map, or just remember which notes each octave starts on.
For now, to get the hang of it just create a simple MIDI command part, say just 8 bars starting on an obvious section of your song/tune.
Just enter a MIDI note 13 (a Beat) at the start of the section. Note length doesn't really matter (it's just a trigger)..there are some other more advanced considerations but for now just make it a quarter note. Now put a note 25 at bar 8. Start play in DAW...MD will play a beat for 7 bars then a break (fill) in bar 8.
See https://www.meldaproduction.com/tutoria ... and-method
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by goldglob on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you for such a detailed reply..really appreciated my friend :)
I'm sure it will be ok now I know that MD doesn't just sync up like the other drum vst's I have..I just didn't realise this fact..thank you... :)

Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”