Anyway to add images into Easy GUI?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to have images in buttons, e.g. to show the shape of a selectable bank of envelopes.

Is this possible? Or anything similar? Like 1 image that switches based on a dropdown?

Would like this as well, but I recon it would be hard to integrate it into the presets. Seems like even the wav files aren't integrated into the sampler presets you download (can this be fixed?) Image element in general would be cool too, maybe an image bank that you could automate to display a certain image.

Also instead of making a new thread, I'll just ask here. Would it be possible to get vertical sliders for the EasyGUI / Devices in MSF/MXXX. This would be very useful for device design, for instance I've always prefered synth ADSR displayed in vertical sliders instead of knobs (example pic below) and since most mixers have vertical sliders it would be more intuitive to use those for certain things. The problem ofcourse is that there's not a lot of space for text with vertical sliders, but I think even just 1-3 letters would do. Could we also get a text element? Something to freely insert text here and there and use for extra descriptions/titles of controls.

Hopefully I don't sound too needy, if you don't ask you don't get :)

I've just started using LBX stripper when I want to make something melda themed but Vojtech hasn't provided the options yet. Any GUI you want for any plugin. Well, if you are in Reaper
allende wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:28 pm Would like this as well, but I recon it would be hard to integrate it into the presets. Seems like even the wav files aren't integrated into the sampler presets you download (can this be fixed?) Image element in general would be cool too, maybe an image bank that you could automate to display a certain image.

Also instead of making a new thread, I'll just ask here. Would it be possible to get vertical sliders for the EasyGUI / Devices in MSF/MXXX. This would be very useful for device design, for instance I've always prefered synth ADSR displayed in vertical sliders instead of knobs (example pic below) and since most mixers have vertical sliders it would be more intuitive to use those for certain things. The problem ofcourse is that there's not a lot of space for text with vertical sliders, but I think even just 1-3 letters would do. Could we also get a text element? Something to freely insert text here and there and use for extra descriptions/titles of controls.

Hopefully I don't sound too needy, if you don't ask you don't get :)

I assume you are talking about MSF, right? Anyways there's already a way to make custom GUIs for the devices, but it's kind of a beta, but soon I'll hopefully finish the first instrument for it ;). Here's the techinfo:

https://www.meldaproduction.com/about/d ... mDeviceGUI
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ah cool. I'll try making what I am after using the switches images.

If I get stuck i'll wait till your example is out so I can see how you pieced it together.
MeldaProduction wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:34 pm I assume you are talking about MSF, right? Anyways there's already a way to make custom GUIs for the devices, but it's kind of a beta, but soon I'll hopefully finish the first instrument for it ;). Here's the techinfo:

https://www.meldaproduction.com/about/d ... mDeviceGUI

Ok! It's a bit of a minefield right now, but it seems working just fine ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

:tu: :)

@ allende, I reckon that all the images in your screenshot could be modelled.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Too early? ...

This could lead to some very interesting GUIs. But, of course, not all of the features will be present on Day 1.
Inspired by ...

By the way, I also wondered why you can't set a V-Tracker for MP like in the MDrummer mixer. The elements are practically already there, can you add them to the list?

DarkStar wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:55 pm Too early? ...

This could lead to some very interesting GUIs. But, of course, not all of the features will be present on Day 1.
Ooooooooo! The most beautiful instrument at the moment! :D (I mean that actually :D )
Vojtech

Just some teasers ...
Here are a few examples that I quickly put together, just to show the possibilities (not my graphcs skill ;)). My apologies to Chandler for butchering his Electirc Piano device.

(a) Knobs and switches
-- with the names and units where you want and in the colours and fonts that you want,
-- you will see when I adjust the Sharpness knob the graphic beneath it changes too. That is just a horizontal "slider" that I mapped to the same Multiparameter and uses a single image frame, moving it left/right.
-- and when I adjust the Timbre knob the graphic to the right of it also change (that is also mapped to the Timbre MP. That one is a "knob / slider", using a grey backround image and the orange slope image.
-- you will also see the vertical bar changing; that is also mapped to Timbre. That is a "knob as meter" using a single vertical image (of 32 LEDs)
-- finally there is the switch selecting the mode. That is a "switch" type, with 7 states. It uses a vertically-stacked image of 7 frames. as well as displaying the mode value below the graphic, I also added the names to the image frames

(b) Meters
-- now you can align them, colour and size them, add backgrounds as desired
-- I have not added any labels yet.
-- oh, and there's a background image there too

(c) Vertical sliders
-- Position, size, colour, labels, backgrounds as you want
-- Faux "3D perspective" sliders too.

Inspired by ...

Awesome! Easy to imagine what could be done based on what you'd made here!

Very cool! I'll look into the custom GUI stuff! Thanks!

Cool. That's not really what I imagined for an electric piano, but it's a great demo of what can be done with this. I wish I had some graphic design skills.

Maybe not. So here's another one with inappropriate images:

The knob is mapped via an MP targetting the Device parameter in TurboComp and the graphic to the right is a "Static knob" with a vertically stacked set of compressor images.
Last edited by DarkStar on Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inspired by ...

Return to “MeldaProduction”