MSF - Sampler - Modulate start point

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a use-case for needing to move the start point of a sample but it appears the start time isn't modulatable. Is this something that Melda can make modulatable or is there some way to do this that I'm not aware of.

Thanks!

It is possible, check the advanced settings in each sample. Currently you can only shift by up to 100ms, but next version will also have a percentage-based shift.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ahh, yeah, I saw that advanced setting and figured it was for a different purpose exactly because the value was so low (100ms). This is great news, thank you so much!

Thanks for getting this feature in. It works great and will allow us here to essentially keep all parts of some complex processing with the melda system!

The last thing I'm trying to figure out is how to trigger midi notes (ANY midi note) from AUDIO in. So i can trigger the MSoundFactory sampler placed inside an MXXX instance, when an audio signal enters. I can't find a way to do that, but it's not too much of a problem just drop a single midi note over an entire sesssion. Would be ace to be able to trigger midi notes for MSoundFactory from within MXXX though, if you can find a way.

Thanks again, super happy about this!

You cannot I'm afraid. MXXX (or any modular) doesn't really route MIDI, it only passes the initial MIDI to all submodules and filters them if needed. So for now you need to use an external MTuner or something. I suppose it would be possible to add some detection into module's inputs or something, but that would be really low priority I'm afraid.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”