MMIDIControl?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, the very simple version outputting CC would be much appreciated!

Speaking from my own needs, I don't blame you for not wanting to prioritize fancy MIDI FX. There are a lot of tools out there already. But the landscape for tools that modulate CC seems very weak. I'm an Ableton user so I don't even have the Reaper technique.

In case anyone interested in Melda MIDI-CC FX hasn't checked out the new beta (14.00b), I suggest you take advantage of the BF 50%-off sale on the free bundle upgrade; you'll be glad you did:)
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MFreeFXBundle

Indeed. And here's something for you control freaks:
-- insert MCCGenerator on a track with an audio clip,
-- set a Modulator to be a Follower and set one of the CC values to be the target of the Modulator,
-- then insert another MeldaProduction plug-in and use its [MIDI] Settings to map that CC# to the parameter(s) of your choice.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Cool! I bet there's a way to leverage this idea to convert the shapes you can draw in Gatekeeper into MIDI CC data, another long-wished for thing. Thoughts on how to do this when MCCG is modulating a MIDI instrument on another track? In Logic, say, or Live? (Anything but REEAPER!:)

Gatekeeper ??
Inspired by ...

David wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:50 am Cool! I bet there's a way to leverage this idea to convert the shapes you can draw in Gatekeeper into MIDI CC data, another long-wished for thing. Thoughts on how to do this when MCCG is modulating a MIDI instrument on another track? In Logic, say, or Live? (Anything but REEAPER!:)
i think cableguys midishaper does this

DarkStar wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:09 pm Gatekeeper ??
It's made by Polyverse or Infected Mushroom, I forget which.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Try this in MCCG:
-- edit a Modulator, open its Custom Shape Editor and Import your CSV file (X;Y on each line),
-- (or try the snazzy new [Analyze audio] feature)
-- turn the Custom level up to 100%,
-- set the Frequency suitably (0.05 = 20 seconds),
-- assign the Modulator to a target CC value, set Value and Max as desired
-- set your DAW to Record the MIDI output,
-- start Recording and enable the Modulator,
-- stop Recording when the Modulator loops round.

And here it is in Waveform:

MCCG is on track 6; track 6 is routed to track 7; track 7 is set to Record.
Last edited by DarkStar on Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inspired by ...

VERY interesting… Thanks DS!

I think I'll explore making this a RT possibility, maybe in Bidule, as well—will report, eventually:)

SO delighted that MIDI has at least momentarily hit Vojtech's radar! A lovely Holiday Gift, to be sure.

Yeah, Gatekeeper's a really fine audio gater with very useful envelop drawing tools and a zillion presets, just begging, in MY world anyway, to also get a MIDI Out feature.

I don't think that MIDIshaper has an audio in/envelop-following feature, but will definitely check!

I use Cubase (still on 9.5 although I have installed 10.5). I'm wondering something about the use of MCCGenerator. I got it working without too much experimentation by creating a MIDI track. I inserted MCCGenerator and another Melda plug-in (could have been anything that responds to MIDI though) on an audio track. I have the MIDI track receiving from MCCGenerator and sending to the target plug-in. Importantly, Monitor must be Enabled for the MIDI track or it won't work unless the MIDI track is selected. All works fine.

I'm just wondering: is there an even easier way that bypasses the intermediate MIDI track? I don't think there is, but I'm curious.

I'm not a Cubase user, but the support page for this other 3rd-party MIDI CC plugin has generally excellent directions for most hosts; you can skip the info on setting up their plugin, and just scroll to the bottom of the page for the Cubase track set-up; HTH!

https://dialogaudio.com/modulationproce ... _setup.php

In a recent email exchange about MCCGen's beta, Vojtech referred to 'the "active" file', thus:

Next, all we’ll need is an Easy Screen for MCCG, and all we extremists can make our own MIDI FX!

Haha, sorry, that's a no :). But you can actually hack it by creating the "active" file ;).
I asked him what "creating the "active" file" meant, but along with a few other questions, and he didn't reply about the "active" thing. Anybody know what he meant, by any chance?

And, any way to "host" MCCGen inside MSF or MXXX or …?

Hey :)
OK. Create some presets with MPs.
Go to the user folder that contains the preset file, copy it and rename it to .active then move it to program data folder.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:46 pm Hey :)
OK. Create some presets with MPs.
Go to the user folder that contains the preset file, copy it and rename it to .active then move it to program data folder.
Excellent…thanks! But, a bit above my pay grade as is…

So, this MCCGeneratorpresets.xml file (in my Users… Library/Application Support /Melda Production), which has separate sections for each preset I've named, is to be copied and renamed like this:

MCCGeneratorpresets.active

… right?

And then moved where exactly? I don't know which folder is the "program data folder".

Both my Library folders have files named MCCGeneratorpresets.xml, and right above each, a folder named MCCGenerator, one of which is empty, and one of which has a bunch of .winstate files and a Platform Report.xml file.

Return to “MeldaProduction”