MMIDIControl?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love Melda's modulation system, and I'd like to be able to output CC values from it to control knobs in other VST's.

It seems like all MMIDIControl would need would be a bank of knobs, each of which sends a CC value to the host DAW, plus the MultiParameter and Modulation systems.

Or is that ability somewhere in the system now?

EDIT: I just found a post from four months ago requesting the same thing. I understand the dev pipeline is busy but I'd submit that this is a single plugin for which most of the work has already been done in MultiParameters and Modulations.

I don't know what your daw younre using but in reaper you can link parameters from distinct plugins among one track. So it's easy to get that MMidi with any melda plugin who has multiparameters and modulators. Hope it helps...

ElVincente wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:16 am I don't know what your daw younre using but in reaper you can link parameters from distinct plugins among one track. So it's easy to get that MMidi with any melda plugin who has multiparameters and modulators. Hope it helps...
Would love to know more, please.

Is this the topic/thread you’re referring to?
viewtopic.php?f=138&t=527810&hilit=David

Yes or no, scroll down to a bunch of links about using Reaper to get MIDI CC out of Melda…
I did eventually find it all a bit too cumbersome for regular use, and so I’m still looking for a better solution. I’ll certainly post about it if I ever do!

Hi David, yes it's that thread I was talkibg about. Sorry I did not remembered it was you I already responded with the same idea.

I'm curious about why did you found it cumbersome. What feature would you add in mmidicontrol ?

Have you thought about using a melda plug linked to the cockos reacontrolmidi plugin ? It has 5 CC output, so you could, for example use one reacontrolmidi per midi channel and then send that to the tracks you need on your session. To me that could do what you described in your first post...

It was basically Reaper that I found cumbersome, actually unpleasant to use, and the whole idea of running a separate DAW just to send CCs…well, I do often run 2 DAWs at a time, using the 2nd one to send MIDI into Logic, but I just found Reaper a pain—WAY too complicated. And ugly. And not worth $60 if that's all I was going to use it for.

I'm mainly a Logic user, and also have Live and Reason as well, which both work great as MIDI sources for recording their unique features into Logic with the Mac's IAC Driver, where I prefer to do editing, and I do already have many really great MIDI FX inside Logic (native and 3rd-party) several of which already are elegant, deep and user-friendly MIDI CC sources (like Reaktor ((!!)), HY's Sequence collection ((REALLY good)), SQ4 Sequence Processor, LFOTool, etc.).

What I'm currently looking for is a not too expensive MIDI FX that has a built-in envelope follower that can take the audio output of, say, Melda's Tremolo plugin (or any other level-modding plugins like Gatekeeper) and convert that to MIDI. Blue Cat has several, but they're all well over $100, so I keep hoping to stumble on something else:)

It does seem like it'd be easy for Melda or Polyverse to just add MIDI out!

Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

OH, realise now that it doesn't have a follower. Never mind.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

^^^
Already using that one, as well; works great inside BlueCat Patchwork as an AU MIDI FX:)

Still, even with all these other great, deep tools, I DO love the Melda way with oscillators—I WANT MIDI OUT!!

Well, there's no dev time for developing MIDI FX interface, but I suppose I could make a simple plugin, that would have several parameter and exports them as MIDI CC.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

David wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:43 pm Still, even with all these other great, deep tools, I DO love the Melda way with oscillators—I WANT MIDI OUT!!
Midi Out
That's far out!
Fantastic
Love it!

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:16 am Well, there's no dev time for developing MIDI FX interface, but I suppose I could make a simple plugin, that would have several parameter and exports them as MIDI CC.
WOW—Happy Holidays:) Thank you, Vojtech! :o :o

Any way to connect the fabulous, basic Melda Oscillator to any MIDI CC number and send it out would be…incredibly cool.

Don't thank me yet :), but I think it could be easy enough :)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

:) :) :)

Return to “MeldaProduction”