Sound search engine based on machine learning

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A couple of days ago I've found this super amazing software: https://www.sononym.net/

Oh boy, I started to dream about these features inside Mdrummer or MSF.
Having a search engine of this nature would speed up navigation to find anything based on whatever parameter you specify, say pitch, timbre, lenght, whatever.
This is a sound designer's dream when the library starts to get super huge :hihi:
Can we dream about it, Vojtech?

That thing looks cool. I might buy it......definitely will try the demo......
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

It's really faster and easier to find any sound, isn't it? Maybe this is the future of audio search engines... :love:

Hehe well, you can dream, but there's no dev time left and won't be for a long time I'm afraid. Personally I don't even see too much point in that. I usually want the exact opposite - sort of random sounds that would potentially inspire me, but who knows...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:32 pm ... I usually want the exact opposite - sort of random sounds that would potentially inspire me, but who knows...
Me too actually :love: I really go that way very often!
But sometimes we might need to save sounds for further reuse, resampling, recycling or whatever we are looking for. Sound databases may grow fast and become not so useful unless we can find what we might be looking for. Search engines based on name tags do not speak the language of sound. Sound is not text, that's why it's called sound. Any search engine that help us find any sound based on sound parameters sounds like the best approach ever... A search based on timbre similarity or harmonicity or even sound length bring us new surprising combinations that we never thought possible with our current database because we are no longer limited by these popular audio "blind" search engines.
Let me know your opinion about this :wink:
Meanwhile i'll keep on dreaming eheh...

My main problem is that the understanding of these words is very personal, everyone is just different... Anyways perhaps at one point there will be enough time...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thank you for the feedback :tu:

Return to “MeldaProduction”