Make MSpectralDynamics sound like Soothe

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really like the versatility of this plugin.
Is there any way to replicate the vocal mid-high rescue preset on soothe?

Winner of 15th HOFA Xmas Mix Contest - 2024
2nd place winner of Boz Digital Labs Intl. Mix Contest - 2016

I think you probably just need to create a similar threshold curve.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Any takers? :)

I don't have Soothe, but have you tried putting pink noise on a track, then soothe with the setting you want, then spectral dynamics. Set the threshold on SpecDyn to learn and it'll pick it up. Then tweak the various settings in SpecDyn to taste.

I did this recently with a different product I was trying to replicate and it worked well.

I haven't played with SpecDyn much. Care to share the preset you created?

Try the following to get you started:
  • Set mode to 'Flattening'
  • Turn Wet/Dry to full Wet
  • Select 'Edit'
  • At the bottom, in 'Processor 1', turn the ratio to maximum
You can then see at the top in the analyser that it is reducing the peaks.

You will then need to go into adjust the Threshold.

For global flattening, change the knob in the 'Processor 1' section.
But for fine tuning, select the Threshold tab in the analyser and draw down where you want it more affected.

vectorwarrior wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:31 pm I don't have Soothe, but have you tried putting pink noise on a track, then soothe with the setting you want, then spectral dynamics. Set the threshold on SpecDyn to learn and it'll pick it up. Then tweak the various settings in SpecDyn to taste.

I did this recently with a different product I was trying to replicate and it worked well.
Unfortunately my trial of soothe has expired and I can't open the plugin. So I can't compare the settings.

Could anyone share the preset, please?

What preset and who are you asking? If it's to me, as I said, I don't have soothe.

Soothe sure looks like a simplified version of MSpectralDynamics, from watching a few videos.
The White Sea Audio guy thought so too (he also did a video review on MSpectral Dynamics)
The home screen does have presets: You might start with the De-esser, if that's what you're after.
Also, maybe this video will help:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=y00kbJBLRFc

Return to “MeldaProduction”