MeldaProduction are NOT going to stop supporting OSX platform.

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

stratology wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:46 pm
MeldaProduction wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:32 pm
Haha a good one :D after it another jumped at me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pD ... JI&index=2
OK. Looks like this guy is not an Apple Authorised Service Provider. That means, he tries to repair Apple devices without training and certification on how to repair them.
The guy knows his thing, he also have some more videos where he debates and discuss the greedy moves of the corporations asking for an exaggerated amount of money fixing products or the unnecessary need to "change to a new machine" because bad design of Greedy corporations Intentionally:

Long video but good info:
https://youtu.be/QHpXJzjin7k

The time where he appears:
https://youtu.be/Bt2KDtDt940

I see apple is like a cult for you, but even if you don't like the truth, the truth will come to light and you can't do anything about that.

hansmai wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:41 pm Voitech, now we know that you suffer from a " god complex"

Someone should kick you out of your own company and sue you for damaging the company
OMG :dog:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Rick Beato used that video to grow his channel, and it worked -- clever clickbait strategy. It also made some good points, though it's beginning to get a bit out-of-date. You know he's been recommending Christian Henson's channel and vice-versa? And Henson is a big Mac user (along with his whole company). But the two guys are happy to talk and get on with each other. It can happen :hihi:

As for Louis Rossmann, I don't mind him pointing out the bad stuff concerning Apple hardware if it pressures Apple to do better. He actually said something complimentary about Apple when they changed some of their policies about independent iPhone repair. Criticism is good for Apple and they've deserved quite a lot in recent years.

Nevertheless, I'm typing this on a 2012 Mac that has been going strong for seven years, makes hardly any noise, and can run the latest OS updates (all free). It only cost about £500 (though I've added an SSD and more RAM since purchase). I've been using Logic for a few years with several free updates. And that's another reason some people use Macs for music, because Logic (not perfect -- not at all) is very good value. Sure, so is Reaper, but it's not to everyone's taste.

I can also run the latest iOS on older iPhones on day 1 of release if I wan't to. But guess what, I don't hate Android at all. Why would I? And I don't hate Windows either. I've used it in work and home and think it's fine. Is it perfect? No. Is MacOS perfect? No.

However, if we're going to chuck videos and quotes into the boxing ring, well... ok. I found this on GS. Enjoy!
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I’m sorry that’s just not true. Comparing a windows machine to a Mac based on spec is useless. I’ve just gone from a windows pc with an i9 7920x 12 core/24 thread to a 2018 Mac mini i5 6 core and it’s like night and day. Had latency issues galore on the pc and the only way to minimise it was by turning off everything that my £650 Asus Rampage motherboard cost me. It’s crazy.

Macs cost more but work better for music. Now that’s a fact. I run Studio One Pro and also Ableton and BOTH run better on Mac. This is my personal experience. Yes the pc had many more cores so I could have more instances but it’s not 4x more. Possibly twice as much but I’ve had this Mac mini with 75 tracks, 45 of them midi using Serum, spire, massive etc and the rest audio. Doesn’t even break a sweat on 64 samples. I defy anybody composing music, unless it’s massive orchestra music, to use more than 75 tracks heavily processed.

I’m a pc lover and have slated Apple till the cows come home but realised, a costly experience, that it’s stupid to cut my nose off to spite my face. Macs are better for music and I don’t think a sane person, who has tested both heavily, would disagree.

onerob wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:37 pm .. independent iPhone repair...
There are two sides to that.

If, as a company, you allow unrestricted independent repair, that means that people who are not qualified, like the guy in the video, can perform 'repairs' with questionable results.

When you get hardware certified with Apple, you have to renew the certification frequently, and go through mandatory training that familiarises you with the hardware idiosyncrasies of the latest products. Apple is, unsurprisingly, meticulous about the quality of repairs. If you have ever seen one of the official Apple repair manuals that authorised repair people use, there are non-obvious details in the repair process - like the sequence in which screws are attached on the bottom case of the MBP models mentioned in the video - that untrained repair people are simply not familiar with.

So there's a balance between keeping things relatively open, and maintaining quality in repairs.

And - another thing that only authorised repair people can do is try to get an exception from Apple to give the customer a free repair when a product is out of warranty (meaning, Apple pays for the repair and parts). And, at least here in Europe, an authorised repair centre can submit a form to the original reseller (which is, quite often, Apple, if the product was bought in their online store) to get a free out-of-warranty repair under Consumer Law.

Noted. Although I think it's fair to say, judging from what I've seen, that Rossmann, for all his quirks and anger, is pretty good at what he does. His main beef seems to be with Apple Store employees who tell customers that they need costly wholesale motherboard replacements (for example) when a simpler repair is possible for a lot less money. And I'm saying this as one of the Apple defenders.

onerob wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:37 pm Rick Beato used that video to grow his channel, and it worked -- clever clickbait strategy. It also made some good points, though it's beginning to get a bit out-of-date. You know he's been recommending Christian Henson's channel and vice-versa? And Henson is a big Mac user (along with his whole company). But the two guys are happy to talk and get on with each other. It can happen :hihi:
"Clickbait" is showing a thumbnail or title that tries to get views, but not actually provide the content that it implies it does. But the Beato video is exactly what it represents itself to be.
Also, knowing or being friends with somebody who uses a different computer OS doesn't in any way
diminish criticisms of the OS.

Now, it's not as if Apple hasn't achieved many great things. But they do some not great things too.
It's like they're the David Crosby of the computer world.
* Except Crosby actually has a heart. Well, sort of. I think.
Wait...yes, he does!
Anyway, we'll just have to see how Catalina affects things.
Well, Apple users will.

Damn, ran out of pop corn...

Can we all now finally agree to disagree?
Can we agree that we all are still confident our product decissions are right for us, whichever way we went? Can we agree that the decission to buy something is subjective and up to every individual and we must not convince each other...

We are here in the Meldaproduction Forum.
Melda stated his view as a plugin provider - which he has the absolute right to do. And he can use the words he likes. Nobody must feel forced to have the same opinion than Melda does. We live in a world where freedom of speech is under attack but still it's here on kvr and it's here for Melda as for everybody else.

Furthermore he promised to support Apple in the future (IIRC on page one).

Now we have two options:
1.) Produce more music and don't keep away Melda from his work.
2.) Add more posts and feed the devils of negative feelings with even more negative feelings.

What I have learnt / my take away
1.) Always be awake with what turn your OS provider takes. It may affect you. Mine is Windows. But I will renew my Linux skills a bit...after this discussion.
2.) I want to be open to good arguments - Actually the discussion about 11times or 13times oversampling has some good points - I'm an IT geek, I love this techy stuff, but I understand it's could be too techie for only making music --> Move to new thread.
3.) Making platform independent plugins is difficult, because UX guide lines and user expectations are so different.
4.) Internet discussions can be heated... I need to take deep breaths and sometimes wait until the first reflex has calmed down...

I don't expect an answer to this. I hope I have not used embarrasing words or insulted anybody by accident (not a native speaker).

Primary intent - Let's close this thread for good.

] Peter:H [

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:32 am 2.) Add more posts and feed the devils of negative feelings with even more negative feelings.
Almost my words. :tu:

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:32 am But I will renew my Linux skills a bit...after this discussion.
Cool thing. I am using Linux for all my non-music works for some years already (also related to my job, e.g. writing quotes, invoices, writing stories / scripts, coded my website, etc.). Loving it, hehe! But to be honest: sometimes it can be a real pain if you quickly want something and in THAT special moment it does not work and you have to spend time on fixing it, while you did not plan to spend time on it in THIS special moment. That's probably some kind of penalty, hehe. In the end it is stil somehow rewarding, if you really like to experiment. ;)

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:32 am 4.) Internet discussions can be heated... I need to take deep breaths and sometimes wait until the first reflex has calmed down...
Really good point as well. :)

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:32 am Primary intent - Let's close this thread for good.
If only Vojtech could finally find this too small close-button? :P
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

hansmai wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:41 pm Voitech, now we know that you suffer from a " god complex"

Someone should kick you out of your own company and sue you for damaging the company
:lol:

:dog:

Reminds me of a German saying. The only bad thing about running a business are the customers.

sirmonkey wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:11 am
onerob wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:37 pm Rick Beato used that video to grow his channel, and it worked -- clever clickbait strategy. It also made some good points, though it's beginning to get a bit out-of-date. You know he's been recommending Christian Henson's channel and vice-versa? And Henson is a big Mac user (along with his whole company). But the two guys are happy to talk and get on with each other. It can happen :hihi:
"Clickbait" is showing a thumbnail or title that tries to get views, but not actually provide the content that it implies it does. But the Beato video is exactly what it represents itself to be.
Also, knowing or being friends with somebody who uses a different computer OS doesn't in any way
diminish criticisms of the OS.
I guess you're technically right about the definition of clickbait, although I think a related area is using controversy and rants to generate clicks -- even when the viewpoints are genuine.

To be fair to Rick Beato, he did grow his channel through hard work and learning as he went. I rewatched part of this video. He starts talking about his channel at 4:01 and they briefly chat about the rant video at 5:40. Ironically, it's in Catalina where Apple have started to dismantle iTunes and replace it with other apps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT0EXrycdNE

'Clickbait' for me means sensational headlines for trivial content. Which is an exact description of the nonsense that Rick Beato produces.

Signal to noise: uninformed rants, like the Rick Beato nonsense, and some of the Catalina threads here, actually muddy the waters, and make it harder for real, meaningful, substantive criticism to stand out and be heard.

Here’s some criticism from guys who are actually familiar with macOS:

https://tidbits.com/2019/10/21/six-reas ... -so-buggy/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJADpbmp48Y
(switch off at around 12:00, when the awful in-line advertising starts..)

chk071 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:53 am Reminds me of a German saying. The only bad thing about running a business are the customers.
Good one.

...retail corollary: the only bad parts of having a store are the customers and the suppliers...
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Return to “MeldaProduction”