multiband doppler effect possible with a melda plugin ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think on real guitar speakers the high frequency sound fuller and smoother because real wide band speaker have doppler effect. the membrane move some mm with low frequency and the high frequency are modulate. this can simulate when samples of a buffer are play for some time a little slower and some time a little faster . i think modulation rate should be 80 hz or maybe more. and this doppler effect need work only for high freq above 4 khz

is this possible with a melda plugin then i can test with doppler effect if guitar cabinet simulations sound as a real speaker ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Try modulating the scratch parameter in MRhythnizerMB. Set two bands and only modulate the high band.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

I've wanted a true Doppler effect in melda for ages, haven't found a good way to do it to the extent that I'd want

jmg8 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:26 pm Try modulating the scratch parameter in MRhythnizerMB. Set two bands and only modulate the high band.
thanks, maybe it is not perfect doppler but it do the job and get smoother high freq and sound more as a real guitar cabinet. see in video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1WZqiarETQ . youtube reduce quality and diffrence is not so much hearable. but can hear . some maybe with real doppler effect get even more better results

I'm loving the idea of a dedicated doppler plug from Melda.

I was just checking out the Doppler aspect of Tonstrum Whoosh (NI Reaktor) and UVI Whoosh FX. Would be cool if Melda offered something with similar features, perhaps tied into the upcoming sampler.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

magicmusic wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:19 pm I think on real guitar speakers the high frequency sound fuller and smoother because real wide band speaker have doppler effect. the membrane move some mm with low frequency and the high frequency are modulate. this can simulate when samples of a buffer are play for some time a little slower and some time a little faster . i think modulation rate should be 80 hz or maybe more. and this doppler effect need work only for high freq above 4 khz

is this possible with a melda plugin then i can test with doppler effect if guitar cabinet simulations sound as a real speaker ?
I'd try MVibratoMB for that. Personally I'm not really persuaded this is "THE" effect. After all, you are listening from monitors, which also have multiple speakers with membranes etc. But who knows...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:49 pm
magicmusic wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:19 pm I think on real guitar speakers the high frequency sound fuller and smoother because real wide band speaker have doppler effect. the membrane move some mm with low frequency and the high frequency are modulate. this can simulate when samples of a buffer are play for some time a little slower and some time a little faster . i think modulation rate should be 80 hz or maybe more. and this doppler effect need work only for high freq above 4 khz

I'd try MVibratoMB for that. Personally I'm not really persuaded this is "THE" effect. After all, you are listening from monitors, which also have multiple speakers with membranes etc. But who knows...
normal speakers have this doppler effect not, because they are 2 way. the bass go upto 2 khz(on 2 way) and the high frequency are play with tweeter which did not move much on the range it play

but guitar speakers are wide band spekers and thur distorion come lots high frequency.
and with guitar speakers its known they sound only good when hear loud. the explain wy they only sound good when they are loud is the doppler effect i guess

Hmmm interesting !
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I try mphasermb and band that is phaser is over 5 khz. this give a more smoother high freq and is not hearable. maybe at end phasermb give better results as doppler and sound better as real speaker and valve amp.

to simulate real doppler effect is very hard. because on real speaker the doppler modulation of high frequency is in harmony with the note that is play on guitar. for example when play a note with E2 its around 170 hz. and the 170 hz doppler modulate the high freq harmonics mostly. low E a 6 string guitar can play is 85 hz. for power chords base frequency is around 85 hz upto 170 hz

Actually you can do this.
The modulators can follow pitch. Use that to control the LFO speed.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Hmmm, just for sake of experiments - could some of you make a recording both using a speaker and line (with frequency response corrected) so we can hear the effect? (if there is something at all?)
Vojtech

Here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJG0HCZmTzM there can hear that all guitar simulation sound same bad. can also hear when a little crunch. the testet blue box is one of the best DI speaker simulation. there is compare with a real Marshal SLP100 and a simulate speakers

Or i am the only that hear the big diffrence ?. emulate sound very harsh and too much middle too less high. correct with EQ make it not better

What exactly we should hear in the video? It sounds like a demo for an amp. To hear a difference we would something to compare it to :)
Vojtech

from sec 0-19 sec you hear a real cabinet which is record with microphone and from 20 sec and later you hear the same amp same amp setting but with a speaker simulator and record direct without microphone.

Return to “MeldaProduction”