MDrummer and host communication

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

how to import drum names from MDrummer

into FL Studio

...with drum icons :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Well, you'll have to ask IL about that I'm afraid, I don't think it will be possible though. Anyways we are using GM standard, so if FL has any kind of editor like that, it will be compatible.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

FWIW
IL says they will display the note labels, if the vst 'published' them. (Think that referred to the calls they use to load the vst - can't find the comment in their forum history today :dog: )

In addition:
A midi out set to channel 10 will have GM drum names for key labels.
(It auto loads a text file you could customize.
For FL20+ location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 20\Plugins\Fruity\Generators\MIDI Out\Data\GM Drums.txt)

If you choose to use the free midi out alternative by Blake Robinson (available in the Looptalk forum - Free Articulate Plugin - Expression / Keyswitch Mapping) you can edit the key labels.

Thank you so much!
NTO wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:33 pm if the vst 'published' them.
Mean VST standart already provide way so plugin can send note labels(icons?) to host, or it will be available on VST4?

Not a host/vst programmer, but I see (what I think are) the hooks for that ability in the vst 2 spec.

vst 2 (1999) is outdated.. vst 2 celebrated 20 years!

can't find the comment in their forum history today

Certainly not looking to quote myself, but since it's a public forum can't be prevented.
Context/comment questioned.
:roll:

EDIT:
Still haven't found the exact one, and won't post privileged communication, but in example
2012 :!: (Pretty heated discussion about various VST makers who do/don't - follow Steevm link in the thread shown by MixFix above)

Took out the developer quotes - doesn't feel proper. Better left only in context of the above.
Last edited by NTO on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pray for plugins who publish note names

and hosts who import icons

It works perfectly well in VST 2 as VST 3,
yeah Xpansion Geist publishes its pad names and midi info. https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 00&t=68341
... Geist publishes not only pads but patterns also :!:
Last edited by MixFix on Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

yeah MDrummer emulates real drummer, Vojtech made Marvel :clap:, just ppl like me sometimes put another snare

MixFix wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:18 am...
hope you get good money to bump all these threads with multiple of your posts in a row...

Hi Vojtech!
just a few copy -pasting:
....VST2 effGetMidiKeyName maps the "index" VstInt32 var (first value carrier after opcode) to MIDI channel. In the standard SDK, this is dispatched to the plug-in method getMidiKeyName(channel, key). ...

Schema - Renaming notes/keys in Piano Roll - wrote "Well that was easy. -
public override bool GetMidiKeyName(Jacobi.Vst.Core.VstMidiKeyName midiKeyName, int channel)
{
if (p.NoteMap.Contains((byte)midiKeyName.CurrentKeyNumber))
{
midiKeyName.Name = p.NoteMap[(byte)midiKeyName.CurrentKeyNumber].KeyName;
}
else
{
midiKeyName.Name = "Note Map #" + midiKeyName.CurrentKeyNumber; // Or could return false here to use the default note name
}
--------------
and srry idk but there is also some articulation CC keyswitch
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92468

Hmmm, interesting!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”