MSF: EQ display without peak labels, forever ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to remove the jumping peak labels in the EQ display and make that somehow a default setting ? I tried removing them and replacing the Default setting in the presets browser, but to no avail. While at it, being able to specify one's own default colours would also be neat.

Cheers.
Last edited by mevla on Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yep, go into the EQ graph's Settings, Graphs tab and untick the Peaks check-boxes for the graphs. You edit the colours, opacity etc there too.

Once done, save the Analyser settings as a preset AND click [Set default Settings] in the main Settings window.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

MSF 13.03 : that does not seem to work.

What I did was:

1) Get rid of the labels by disabling peaks
2) Set the colour to some colour
3) Replaced the EQ's Default preset using the EQ's preset browser
4) In Settings, clicked on 'Set Default Settings'
5) For good measure, remove MSF from the DAW
6) Load MSF back

Result: It will start with the last patch. The labels are gone. Colours are fine. Looks good.

Oopsie, there are more steps...

7) Click on the preset's name left arrow to load the previous preset.
Eight) Click on the right arrow to load back the sound

Result: EQ is not shown

9) Click on the EQ in the FX section to show the EQ.

Result: EQ is shown, complete with peak labels and original black colour.

They're back. Doesn't look like it's working.

Cheers.

It does work, but, as I understand it, the Analyser settings (and Time-graph settings ) are stored within the presets themselves. To me, the colour settings etc are more relevant to the Style and palette rather than the preset.
Inspired by ...

So the bottom would be, no, this (eg. not having peak labels and having one's own graph colour) is not really customizable, isn't it ?

it is customisable but you would have to load it each time you use a preset that has a different analyser preset in it. I would much prefer it if the colours (including the Sonogram) were not loaded when I load a preset (or Device or Instrument).
Inspired by ...

Yes, if they were global settings.

For months I've been doing the following when seeing a Melda EQ display:

1) Forget about the music, the inspiration
2) Bring up the settings
3) Remove the peak labels
4) Set the main colour of the graph
5) Press OK two times
6) Go back to the music

I don't get it - I did what you did, saved that as a preset, loaded that preset, it was like I saved it...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hello Vojtech, hope you had good vacations !

So then, after doing what you described:

1) Change preset
2) All EQ settings gone

?

MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:20 pm I don't get it - I did what you did, saved that as a preset, loaded that preset, it was like I saved it...
Yes saving and loading Analyser presets works fine.

But if I load an Analyzer preset then load a plug-in preset (or Device or Instrument) my Analyser then has the colours etc replaced by those stored within that plug-in preset. Here's an example:

If I Export the Device in the upper screenshot to a new name, then load it I get my preferred Analyzer colours etc.
Inspired by ...

Aaaha, sure, these are more like "subpresets", in other words the presets contain everything, so if you need a preset and then you need to mess with analyzer and you so hate the colors :) , then you can simply load the analyzer preset.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I really do not understand what you mean. I want the EQ peak labels to go away forever and ever. Don't want to see them anywhere.

Well, then you are out of luck I'm afraid. If you are using EQ presets and want that, then just remove that from all these presets. No better solution sorry.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”