MSF: Patches: 'Replace' command really needed ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is that rather drastic and dangerous command really needed ?

I didn't, although I suspect users can inadvertently click that option when installing a sound set while the cursor is on root (or elsewhere) and bam!, all patches lost save for the new sound set, in a blink of an eye.

I guess it's needed because MSF does not work with regular files, one physical file per patch and that within this world there's no default overwrite when adding the same presets over existing ones.

Still, quite a dangerous command for users I find.

I've never played around the patch export/import apart from saving my own patches to my own folder, so I guess the 'Replace' is part of the Melda framework and found in every other plugin.

Cheers.

I am not 100% sure, if I understand you correct: you are talking about the "Replace"-button in the preset window, yes? I often times use this "Replace" button for the presets. Mostly when I some kind of "update" an actual preset (I am one of the preset designers here). IIRC it also asks to overwrite and should not be a problem, right (I am not on my machien right now ... and I have a bad memory and might not remember 100% correctly regarding this, haha)?
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

He means when you import presets, it gives you the option to ADD the presets to your existing presets or REPLACE your existing presets with the new ones.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Absolutely, yes. But, for any Import, in any of the plug-ins, a confirmation "Are you sure" stage would be valuable.

"Replace" for a single preset is fine.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:37 am Absolutely, yes. But, for any Import, in any of the plug-ins, a confirmation "Are you sure" stage would be valuable.
I'm staying away from this command, which I only first seen when installing the VSP sound set. If there are no confirmation before proceeding then it's really dangerous.

UPDATE: Just used it for the VSP update. There is no other confirmation asked for after clicking on 'Replace'.

Ah ok, thanks for making this clear, people! :)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Return to “MeldaProduction”