Preset Expansion for MSoundFactory Now Available

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"Electrifying Synthesis" For MSoundFactory

MSoundFactory is a modular synth that offers some interesting features, too many to mentioned here.
What makes it most interesting are the vast amount of options it offers for sound design.

One of the features that interest us are all the different oscillators available.
This includes, Additive, Physical Modeling, Sampling, Traditional oscillator types, etc.
This allows for a broad range of combinations and sounds.

"Electrifying Synthesis" For MSoundFactory explores a broad range of sounds and styles for MSoundFactory from old school analog pads to Physically modeled strings.

Audio/Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49mPh0b ... e=youtu.be

Prime Day Special!
(You dont want to miss this!)

Super intro Special (this week ONLY) - Use code "synth" save $9+ AND get an awesome Bonus Set of presets which include the lush plucked strings.

On top of this, we will be updating ""For MSoundFactory as the developer adds more features, FREE to all owners.

"Electrifying Synthesis" For MSoundFactory includes 110 deeply programmed presets.
Those who purchase this week, will receive the bonus presets (which include the awesome lush plucked strings) for a total of 130 presets.

Very nice collection of sounds in the demo. Good job!

Lovely! Do any of these sounds have Easy Screens?

One question. Where are they ?

First, install, as per the instructions, to which 'Add' was chosen. It reported installing 130 presets.

MSFImport.jpg

Then after installation, where is the VSP/"Electrifying Synthesis" folder/branch ?

MSFImport2.jpg

Don't tell me that I should have memorized the names of all the factory presets so I can spot easily the added VSP presets when I browse every single branch/folder looking for the new presets. :ud:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mevla on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is the installation of presets terribly flawed ? What's this 'add the imported presets next to existing presets" ? Certainly do not want to mix then with all the other presets. NO-ONE in the Plugin World is installing presets in such a TOTALLY non-practical way.

You get new presets, then they are put in their folder, named after the soundset and NOT dispersed amongst all existing presets, even if their names all start with "VSP-".

Is that the case with MSF ?

One has to manually create a directory first to make any sense of this. This is not part of the instructions for the sound set.

As I quickly go through the sounds, I noticed that the following (so far) are producing no output at all, completely silent. No activity at all in MSF output meter.

The sound of silence:

Harmonic Pad
Strange Dude
Pinot
Andreas
Signal X
Secret 8
Bright Day
Glass Ship
Ritual
Luv EP 2
Rhythm Maker 5 (1 and 3 works fine)
Rhythm Maker 6A
Clave 1
Clave 3
All HiHat sounds
Landing
Live Strings

... and certainly others, don't have the time to check them all out now.

If these are special, they should be covered in the instructions provided with the sound set, no ?

MSFVSP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mevla on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nope, Importing Presets is not flawed.

Importing presets puts them in the folder that you have selected ("Root" in your screenshot); it does not add the top-level folder from the presets file itself. You will find the presets in the Root folder.

So you would need to Add a folder yourself say "VSP" then an "Electrifying Synthesis" folder in there, then Import into there. If that is not in the installation instructions, it should be.

You may find a back-up of the MSF presets alongside the presets file. "MSoundFactorypresets.xmlbackup"??

PS: If you had clicked [Replace] in your first screenshot, the 130 presets would have been put in the Root folder AND all the others deleted.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:31 pmPS: If you had clicked [Replace] in your first screenshot, the 130 presets would have been put in the Root folder AND all the others deleted.
Yep, I was extra wary about the Replace option. 8)

Very dangerous option there.

And somewhat weary about the beautiful silence emanating from a large number of those patches.

You are using g the 6out version of MSF.
My guess is that the preset designer hasn't set the output in the FX section to lane 1.
Use MSF 1out for now and ask the preset designer to fix them.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

You are right. For instance, this one, "Landing" outputs on channel 4. Adding channels in the corresponding Bitwig device shows this:

MSFVSP2.jpg

Maybe you didn't get the email.

There is a new version already available.
It replaces the initial version which was uploaded by an assistant and was not the final version.
Obviously, the correct version replaces the old one.
Hope that helps.

AudioAlien wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:45 am Maybe you didn't get the email. There is a new version already available.
email works fine as always. But then we might have to factor in time zones.

I quickly tried the same sounds as above, without adding any extra output channels in Bitwig Stu, and they worked. Thanks.

OTOH, the installation instructions are short of :

1) specifying the creation of a directory
2) Underlining the crucial difference between 'Add' and 'Replace' while making it sound very easy.

The current installation text found as of today in Important-ReadMe.pdf is:

Its super easy to load "Electrifying Synthesis".

All you got to do is:

1. Download and unzip the presets.

2. Open MSoundfactory and click on the preset dialog (top,
middle of screen).

3. Now you should see the preset browser, click on the
"Import" button and load the unzipped "VSP - Electrifying
Synthesis.mpresets" bank.

Your all set!

Consider that MSF at startup will point to the lastly visited folder/branch in the presets dialog. So if you were on Root last time around ...

mevla wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:29 pm
AudioAlien wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:45 am Maybe you didn't get the email. There is a new version already available.
email works fine as always. But then we might have to factor in time zones.

I quickly tried the same sounds as above, without adding any extra output channels in Bitwig Stu, and they worked. Thanks.

OTOH, the installation instructions.....
Just a customer, Dev is in the first post. :)

Downloaded and installed no prob.

Julianguffogg wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:14 pm Downloaded and installed no prob.
The fix that was issued regarding the outputs fixed the problem with many of the sounds not being audible on 6-out MSF instances.

Return to “MeldaProduction”