FR:MTuner

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to use a VST tuner to send midi data out to an external midi LED display. I was wondering how feasible it would be to get not only the current MIDI note, but also the number of cents sharp or flat, output in some useable form, from MTuner? Perhaps using the usual MIDI note message for the current note, plus also a stream of pitch bend data to represent how sharp or flat from being perfectly in tune it is?

Is this feasible?

I'm afraid not really. There's no such thing in MIDI and while we certainly could produce that, I'm afraid the development time is, well, none, and it would be just for you :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

fair enough, thanks anyway for the great tools :)

:love:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

OK i just have to ask, what about just exposing the current note and how many cents sharp/flat it is as a VST parameter that would update in realtime, and the DAW could read? Im hoping thats a tiny addition, sorry to keep pestering you :)

I suppose that could work, not sure, no promises.
Vojtech

So C3, off by +17 cents would be a value of 60.17?
And C3, off by -57 cents would be a value of 59.43?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:28 pm So C3, off by +17 cents would be a value of 60.17?
And C3, off by -57 cents would be a value of 59.43?
yea, that seems to be a logical way to do it

There are actually 2 parameters, one defines the note, and the other the deviance in cents multiplied by 2 (since it can never go above 50 cents).
Vojtech

wait is this available now? or you are considering adding it?

Now (v13.05)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “MeldaProduction”