MRecorder Feature request: Record into RAM, detect loop recording

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would it be possible to add an option in MRecorder to record into RAM? Sometimes I´d like to quickly record something without having to specify a folder & filename first, which takes some time and often disturbs the flow of things. Or I want to record several takes of which I just want to keep certain ones without having to manually delete the others. So it would also be cool if MRecorder could detect loop recordings (via "transport data"?) and slice the recording into takes, but that would probably already be somewhat luxurious.
There used to be an option in Samplitude to record in RAM, but that´s many years (and versions) ago, and I wonder why it´s gone, because it was a good way to prevent the harddisk from being filled up with useless takes. And it also forced me to decide which bits to keep/save.

Can you describe how you are using MRecorder ? It seems interesting.

Cheers.

Tx16wx
LoopRecorder

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:53 pm Tx16wx LoopRecorder
10-4 !

mevla wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:47 pm Can you describe how you are using MRecorder ? It seems interesting.

Cheers.
Nothing special, I just often record a lot of takes and afterwards tend to postpone decisions because I don´t "have to" decide.

Tx16wx doesn´t seem to be able to record, or is it?
And LoopRecorder seems nice, but seems to be restricted to a maximum of 16 measures, if I see rightly, and that is a bit limiting. And it is a bit expensive for the simple functionality that I seek.

https://www.tx16wx.com/features/

"Actually Samples!* Record audio straight into the sampler from host"

I use Tx16wx to sample Trueno synth.

Cool, I oversaw that. But on the GUI there was no record button, or I may have overseen that one as well... :?
I'll take a closer look tomorrow.

be wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:57 pm there was no record button
It's under the waves -> sampler

I'm afraid I simply don't have free development time for such a thing, sorry.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok, I understand that very well.

That Wusik sampler is pretty much what I searched for, thanks to David! The problem with it is that it only records 33 seconds of audio, but I contacted WilliamK on his site and he tries to make the recording length customizable, which would be great!

PM sent. ;-)

:tu:

Return to “MeldaProduction”