STYLE: Xenon_DS (Update 9 January - including dark Displays)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now that we have v13.03, here we go:
  • a customised Neon style (2 window border variations -fixed grey or using the Highlights colour),
  • a palette of colour combinations)
  • 4 Analyzer Graph presets (light-dark background, for Analysers with and without sidechain).
They are all in the attached .zip file.

The main changes are:
  • Different knobs,
  • italicised titles and more distinct divider lines,
  • mid-grey or Highlight window borders (also thinner).

Installation
  • (a) download the attached .zip file and extract the contents (4 files) to your Desktop,
    (b) in Explorer / Finder, navigate to the folder where the other .mstyle files are; on Windows 7, here, the folder is: C:\ProgramData\MeldaProduction\MTexturedStyles,
    (c) put the two .mstyle files in that folder,
    (d) open any MeldaProduction plug-in, click [Settings] then [Style] and select either of the two Xenon_DS styles,
    (e) optionally (these look good here), change the size to 90% or disable "Upper-case" or both.

(f) for the style colour palettes, click [Settings, then [Style] and in the Style Configuration window / Color settings panel, click [Presets]. Select "Root" and Add a folder then [Import] then [Desktop] and select Xenon_DS_0705.mpresets, click the tick, then [Add] then [Close]; do these steps for each style.

That gives you several sets of palettes, grouped into types. The "zz_default" set is just a reminder of which colours are associated with which types of plug-in.

(g) for the Analyzer presets, click[Settings] in any Analyser (or double-click in any Multiband Band Editor), select "Root" and Add a folder, click [Import] then [Desktop] and select DS_Analyzer.mpresets, click the tick [OK], then [Add] then [x Close].
Please note: I run my monitors with contrast and brightness turned down, so you may find the palette colours a bit bright on yours. If so you can click any of the 4 colours (this Style does not use the fifth one) and tone it down as desired. Then Replace it in the Presets Browser.

Before you ask, I could not find a good dark grey colour that worked well for the Displays (Meters, Modulator Shapes etc). Edit: see my post below, dated 9 January.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DarkStar on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks for all the effort you put into this!

Great thank you so much!!

That looks great

The knobs are too big so the rings around it are cut off at the top and the locks are too near.
And the new official neon style is even worse than the last one as the knobs are now way too big and clumsy. Every time you think it can't get worse....

sorry, for me the Melda experience knows only one direction: downhill...

Much improved from default themes imo, won't have time to test for at least a week but thanks so much for your work! Assuming there are no issues, this will certainly be my default theme.

brilliant work - and just as easy to install on mac too. Thanks for spending so much effort on this, it's so much more pleasant to use than the other styles. Looks much more professional.

Very good, this one should be the default skin.
Thank you!

Very nice! Looks refined. Thank you for your work!
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

...very clean, crisp...now my default/s...nice work!...thanx!.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Thanks for great work, should be in the default style list.
Neon looks unsharp and washy to me.
This is much better too look at.

Thanks once again for all the great work DarkStar, your skins are my default since day one. My only issue/question is why the rings are not looking perfect the have like smudges on the edges or pixels i don't know what it could be.

I spoke to Vojtech about that - it's an OpenGL rendering issue, I understand. He is looking into it.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:42 pm I spoke to Vojtech about that - it's an OpenGL rendering issue, I understand. He is looking into it.
That's great, thank you!

Here's an update, with dark Display panel backgrounds (meters, LFOs etc). 3 windows border variants and a few other changes.

-- Windows border: suffix G = grey, TB = uses Title Bar colour, HL = uses Highlight colour,
-- dark Display panels: suffix D,
-- an additional colour palette (mid-grey background, dark grey title bar).

The installation steps are in post #1, but there are 6 .mstyle files (you may wish to rename the old ones if you want to keep them) and a renamed .mpresets file (when you Import them, select the Root folder and the "Replace" option).

-----------------
@ rasmusklump,
If you run into problems with these, please let me know by PM (with screenshots) and I'll see what I can do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DarkStar on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inspired by ...

Return to “MeldaProduction”