Still. Can't get a good guitar tone in MXXX.

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone have experience making guitar amps in MXXX??
I'm having no luck with high gain amps.

Can you share what you have come up with so far? Maybe someone can tweak things for you?

Try saturator, potentially multiple of them, with some compressors & eqs (prefiltering and postfiltering is essential). Welcome to guitar amp design :)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Was MCabinet made using a 'developer' version of MXXX ?

Cheers.

mevla wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:00 pm Was MCabinet made using a 'developer' version of MXXX ?

Cheers.
No. It is new Melda tech :love:
I dont play or make music with guitars. But this thing is so much more than just that. I use it for sound design and it works a treat.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:31 pm I dont play or make music with guitars. But this thing is so much more than just that. I use it for sound design and it works a treat.
I just used MXXX as a foundation for a bass sound inasmuch that I've chosen a preset going along a bass sound to get a feel for the preset, then kept the preset and replaced the bass sound until a suitable bass was found that goes well with the (as of now untweaked) preset. As such MXXX was used as a component of the base sound.

And that was one of the first time where I actually browsed and used a MXXX preset as I usually start from scratch and add modules. Looks like there's a treasure trove of presets in there.

Cheers.

I shared a device to the online exchange not too long ago called Amp & Pedalboard. I think it’s pretty decent for rock and indie stuff, but highgain not so much. Actually the drive on the amp panel isn’t as good as the distortion panel, but maybe with some tweaking, I don’t know...

So you think hi gain amps are possible to replicate in MXXx?
MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:46 am Try saturator, potentially multiple of them, with some compressors & eqs (prefiltering and postfiltering is essential). Welcome to guitar amp design :)

So MCabinet is what exactly??? A guitar Can loader?
jmg8 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:31 pm
mevla wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:00 pm Was MCabinet made using a 'developer' version of MXXX ?

Cheers.
No. It is new Melda tech :love:
I dont play or make music with guitars. But this thing is so much more than just that. I use it for sound design and it works a treat.

You think you could give me a hand on making a hi gain amp? I figure since MDrummer and Mpowersynth can load any amp, we should be at the point where we can recreate any amp.
tylerdedera wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:28 pm I shared a device to the online exchange not too long ago called Amp & Pedalboard. I think it’s pretty decent for rock and indie stuff, but highgain not so much. Actually the drive on the amp panel isn’t as good as the distortion panel, but maybe with some tweaking, I don’t know...

Underoath77 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:22 pm You think you could give me a hand on making a hi gain amp? I figure since MDrummer and Mpowersynth can load any amp, we should be at the point where we can recreate any amp.
tylerdedera wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:28 pm I shared a device to the online exchange not too long ago called Amp & Pedalboard. I think it’s pretty decent for rock and indie stuff, but highgain not so much. Actually the drive on the amp panel isn’t as good as the distortion panel, but maybe with some tweaking, I don’t know...
If you go to the online exchange and download the presets shared there, check out the Amp & Pedalboard one. You’ll probably have to ditch and reset most the MPs and effects. But maybe try doing something similar with the MBdistortion with an MBsaturator...maybe run it in parallel.. I’ve attempted this but could never get the dynamic response or saturation levels right, which could be my playing technique but also limited know how. I might also try using (very lightly) a MBwavefolder or MBwaveshaper... I definitely think it’s quite possible but the know how and approach are what have kept me from successfully getting any metal or high gain sounds legit.

Great idea THX.
tylerdedera wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:58 pm
Underoath77 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:22 pm You think you could give me a hand on making a hi gain amp? I figure since MDrummer and Mpowersynth can load any amp, we should be at the point where we can recreate any amp.
If you go to the online exchange and download the presets shared there, check out the Amp & Pedalboard one. You’ll probably have to ditch and reset most the MPs and effects. But maybe try doing something similar with the MBdistortion with an MBsaturator...maybe run it in parallel.. I’ve attempted this but could never get the dynamic response or saturation levels right, which could be my playing technique but also limited know how. I might also try using (very lightly) a MBwavefolder or MBwaveshaper... I definitely think it’s quite possible but the know how and approach are what have kept me from successfully getting any metal or high gain sounds legit.

Return to “MeldaProduction”