Preset Browsers NOT auto-closing, please?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well I wouldn't use it if it wasn't much faster.

From your description it really looks like two identical things. Same number of clicking steps, same opening of a browser dialog box. Unless a mac prioritizes the opening of its own Apple-made file browser ... and even then, it would be by that much.

Lol, you won't talk me out of it...

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:28 pm Lol, you won't talk me out of it...
The idea here is to try to have a one-button save function that needs no dialog box and saves a preset under the current name. Not to drown the fish in a sea of non relevant details. :wink:

mevla wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:51 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:28 pm Lol, you won't talk me out of it...
The idea here is to try to have a one-button save function that needs no dialog box and saves a preset under the current name. Not to drown the fish in a sea of non relevant details. :wink:
Actually I already have this feature, as an easter egg :), but it is VERY dangerous, no way it will be publicly released. I can already see people accidentally rewriting presets...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I do not understand. With everything else, say a document in a document editor, the save function will always save under the current name and if there's no name, it will prompt for one. Simple. How is this different with presets ?

I don't follow, how is that related???
And : user opens a preset, changes it, accidentally clicks the save button... no, sorry.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:54 pm I don't follow, how is that related??? And : user opens a preset, changes it, accidentally clicks the save button... no, sorry.
Accidentally clicks the save button ? That's one way of seeing it. The other is the rest of the Computer World Users where in every software a single click saves a document (a single click or a single ctrl-s). Hence the "Save" and the "Save As..." options.

Many softsynths have single save clicks too. Or a "Quick save" option. The idea is not to go through the full browser dialog box each and every time a 'quick save' is made. The idea is about saving often while working on a patch.

It could be nice to protect the user against him/herself although the limits in doing that can impose themselves rapidly.

I can understand the principle industrially like for instance nuclear plant software. Are you sure you want to replace the Cool Down Routine ? Are you very, very, very sure ?

Does it apply much to regular user computer software is another question. Most software is using a quick one-click (or ctrl-s) save option.

Cheers.

This is really not MS Word :). In that you are clearly editing a specific text file. Here you are not. The file is in your DAW, presets are not that at all. Sorry, but I you are not on the support, so you don't know all the drama like "my presets are lost, because I deleted them..." :D
Vojtech

A long long time ago I did work in a support dept. for a year. One gets to build a negative view of the product after hearing only but problems :) Not very nice.

How about providing an option to enable quick saves ?

Another option??? Noooooo :o
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”