Preset Browsers NOT auto-closing, please?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there some already existing way to specify that Preset Browser don't always close whenever you do anything in them, like Replace, Rename, Add? If not, please consider this a FR!

It's very tedious when doing a lot of editing to have to re-open the browser every time you use it.

TIA!

+1
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

I have already denied it some time ago. I get your point, I'd use it from time to time too, but the thing is, this is useful ONLY when you are making lots of presets. While most people do NOT do that.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

As a side note, and as someone who likes to save things often (anything, text files, documents, etc) it would be useful to have a 'quick save' preset button that does just that: save the current preset under its current name. Just a one-button press. No need to pop up a dialog box and click 'add'.

Cheers.

MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:34 am I have already denied it some time ago. I get your point, I'd use it from time to time too, but the thing is, this is useful ONLY when you are making lots of presets. While most people do NOT do that.
So, once again I'm wondering, why build a Factory* when "most people" don't build things?

And, why evaluate features for a Factory using criteria better suited to a Store?

*Anything with a preset-making function

mevla wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:06 pm As a side note, and as someone who likes to save things often (anything, text files, documents, etc) it would be useful to have a 'quick save' preset button that does just that: save the current preset under its current name. Just a one-button press. No need to pop up a dialog box and click 'add'.

Cheers.
Ask not "Would this be useful?" Ask instead, "How can I be more like Most People?"

David wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:10 pm Ask not "Would this be useful?" Ask instead, "How can I be more like Most People?"
Indeed. I find this one-button save feature very practical on other synths.

mevla wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:32 pm
David wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:10 pm Ask not "Would this be useful?" Ask instead, "How can I be more like Most People?"
Indeed. I find this one-button save feature very practical on other synths.
That's why I always save Melda patches as AU presets in Logic first and then save the finalized patches into the Melda browser, because as David pointed the current system is a PITA.

I wrote: " No need to pop up a dialog box and click 'add'."

That would be to click 'replace' instead.

Even a Ctrl-s for saving a whole patch under its current name would be very nice. No need for a UI element if that's too complicated.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:39 pm
I always save Melda patches as AU presets in Logic first and then save the finalized patches into the Melda browser, because as David pointed the current system is a PITA.
:dog: :clap: Brilliant! WHY did this option never even occur to me?!
Could it be because I've never before this ever really wished for a better alternative to any 3rd-party synth's built-in file handling?

Thank you Simon! NOW I can finally copy/paste preset names…if I ever again use the built-in Browsers!

(And why is it that you can PASTE in Melda Preset Browsers' Name field…but not Copy anywhere in the Browser?!? Ahh, wait… I see you CAN copy if you first hit Rename for your selection, then right-click to find the Copy command, cancel out of there, THEN choose Add, right-click, etc.. It's that pop-up new panel solution again, a not-needed-for-"Most People" function, so why make it easy?)

I see. Logic allows a one step one click save then.

How does Logic differentiate between a project save and a device preset save in this one-step approach ? Something like Ctrl-Alt-s for devices, Ctrl-s for projects ?

But not Bitwig. For projects yes, but not for Bitwig devices, of which is MSF at that level.

Are other DAWs all offering a one-step save preset option for their loaded plugins ? Is this a standard ? If so, a FR can be filed for Bitwig.

If not, won't get a mac, won't get Logic.

mevla wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:05 pm I see. Logic allows a one step one click save then.

How does Logic differentiate between a project save and a device preset save in this one-step approach ? Something like Ctrl-Alt-s for devices, Ctrl-s for projects ?

But not Bitwig. For projects yes, but not for Bitwig devices, of which is MSF at that level.

Are other DAWs all offering a one-step save preset option for their loaded plugins ? Is this a standard ? If so, a FR can be filed for Bitwig.

If not, won't get a mac, won't get Logic.
No, it's not a one click procedure, but two clicks do it. Open browser and click on save preset.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:19 pm No, it's not a one click procedure, but two clicks do it. Open browser and click on save preset.
So it's the exact same as Melda's. Click save, click Replace.

Just saved tons of money not getting a mac and Logic. :D

Without replace, just save and the browser is accessible much faster at the top of the plugin.

Still two clicks.

And it's also at the top of MSF that one does the first click.

Return to “MeldaProduction”